FORUMS: list search recent posts

My Vegas Keeps Crashing/Freezing!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Cooper
My Vegas Keeps Crashing/Freezing!
on Apr 13, 2017 at 12:20:36 pm

Hey guys, i'm looking for some advice about why my Sony Vegas Pro 14 keeps crashing/freezing.
Basically everytime i zoom in on the timeline it freezes and it will crash if i select any of the hitfilm effects,
also when i select certain effects that are in my boris effects pack it comes up with a Micrsoft Visual C ++ error stating that Vegas has had a runtime error and needs to execute.

I have had a few things happen to my pc recently and i was wondering if that is the reason.
My graphics card failed about 2 days ago and when i used the onboard graphics windows wouldnt boot, it kept freezing at the "Loading Windows" screen.
So i reinstalled windows along with most of my drivers.
I am currently still using the onboard graphics and i think that might be the reason my vegas is acting so sluggish.
Also i damaged some of my RAM when i was in my pc.
My old RAM was 8GB and now its down to 4GB

Any replies would be extremely helpful. Thanks! ☺

P.S My Vegas worked fine when i was using the graphics card and 8gb of RAM

Return to posts index

Ralf MacGrady
Re: My Vegas Keeps Crashing/Freezing!
on Apr 16, 2017 at 11:42:33 am

Vegas is a demanding program and may be having issues with the amount of RAM you currently have.
I was having an issue with certain effects at one point because apparently there is a different suite version that needs to be downloaded? I'm sorry, my recollection is a bit hazy: I had installed file NewBlueVegasProSuiteComplete-160915.exe but need the file that terminated with the version number, 161118 which cleared up a number of issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]