FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will New Blue ColorFast 2 or Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks work better with Vegas Pro 14

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Hogan
Will New Blue ColorFast 2 or Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks work better with Vegas Pro 14
on Apr 12, 2017 at 4:40:12 am

I find it difficult to color correct skin tones especially if there is a greenish tint from fluorescent lights with Vegas Pro 14's built in color corrector. I am considering trying either New Blue ColorFast 2 or Reg Giant Magic Bullet Looks. Can anyone make a recommendation.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Will New Blue ColorFast 2 or Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks work better with Vegas Pro 14
on Apr 12, 2017 at 6:02:01 am

[Terry Hogan] "Can anyone make a recommendation."
Sure, I have both and if you post here a "still" of the SOURCE I'll have a go with both CF2 and the MBL COSMO masking to let you decide.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Terry Hogan
Re: Will New Blue ColorFast 2 or Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks work better with Vegas Pro 14
on Apr 12, 2017 at 6:53:32 am

Here are two images from video shot with different model Canon DSLRs. These images look a little too red but when I tried to reduce the red parts of the face would pick up a slight greenish tint.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 12, 2017 at 7:30:41 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Apr 12, 2017 at 7:31:43 am

I'm looking at the 2nd sample in VP14, and I have to say it looks fine on my calibrated external monitor. The Skin Tone on the VP14 Internal Preview does look reddish. I've tried applying the Computer to Studio LEVELS corrector and that brings the RGB parade equalized somewhat - try it and see.

I've also tried the CF2 and MBL and both s/w is struggling to to determine enough of a difference to allow adjustment.

Try the Levels corrector and note the changes on the VP Internal Monitor<>External<>RGB parade.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Terry Hogan
on Apr 12, 2017 at 7:57:54 am

Could you try getting the two images to match in color so that you could cut from one clip to the other? I was able to do that easily in Premiere but had difficulty in VP. It may be I just need to work more with with VP's color correcting tools to develop a color correction procedure.
Also, do you have a preference regarding ColorFast 2 and MB Looks? The masking in ColorFast 2 looked very useful and easy to use in a New Blue tutorial.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 12, 2017 at 8:18:51 am

My preference for Masking is CF and CF2, however CF2 Masking is a bit difficult for me. MBL is great for Colour Grading a LOOK!

Now, Colour matching I use Fred Baumann's! Don't like VEGAS's.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 12, 2017 at 5:38:56 pm

OK, Terry, after much trial and error, I've landed on my ole favourite: Channel Blend!

This is before:

This is after applying Channel Blend:

There is convergence of shot colour.

Any thoughts?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Terry Hogan
on Apr 12, 2017 at 6:29:11 pm

That Channel Blend worked great. I will have to try working with it. Are there any tutorials that go into detail on how to use Channel Blend and other color correcting tools in Vegas Pro that you know of? All I find are very basic tutorials for VP on YouTube. Also, can you provide me with a link to Fred Baumann's color correcting tools?
Thanks for all your help.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 12, 2017 at 6:34:52 pm

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Terry Hogan
on Apr 12, 2017 at 7:22:53 pm

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]