FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone else lose all Mercalli clip analysis's for entire project

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Francis
Anyone else lose all Mercalli clip analysis's for entire project
on Apr 7, 2017 at 2:40:35 pm

I am working on a 2hr 20min show and when I went and render it, all the Mercalli v4 analysis are gone and a message pops up saying it need to be re-analyzed. Anyone else have this happen before?
It's a real pain as the show is so long and don't remember where all the clips are.

I usually just split a section of the video and then apply the transition to that section. If I try to use the Vegas stabilization program instead, I create a subclip and use the media FX,

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Mark Wilson
Re: Anyone else lose all Mercalli clip analysis's for entire project
on Apr 8, 2017 at 4:51:59 pm

I think this is going to hurt a little...

Yes, Mercalli V4 plug -in does sometimes (often?) lose its settings. If you change the project frame rate, or have a media frame rate mismatch, or change the length of the event, etc. Also, in my experience with it, you will not always be successful "re-analyzing" and sometimes you need to completely delete the effect and start again.

Typically, I would render and replace a stabilized clip with an intermediate (cineform?) so the stabilization is "baked-in."

So, what to do now? Can you quickly go through the clips and move all the mercalli clips to another track? Vegasaur has a batch script to apply mercalli and run the analysis on all selected clips (or by track, etc.) - this may work for you.

Mark.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 9, 2017 at 3:38:35 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Apr 9, 2017 at 3:39:39 am

I use Merc. I create digital intermediates (SONY MXF) using Wayne Wagg's Render To Take tool. Once baked-in I can do what I want with the Take.

Relating to stabilisation, for me Merc is solid as a rock and the workflow when combined with Wayne's Tool has made editing a revelation again.

Philosophically, I use the tools available and bend them to my needs. I've been doing this for 15 years and have fortunately found/made aware of great "scripting" people to listen - most important - and produce tools that I need: John Rofrano (VASST), Edward Troxel (Excalibur), Frederic Baumann (White Balance and Border) and Wayne Wagg have all substantially and fundamentally helped me to get to my narrative/story from the "challenging" (lol!) footage I've shot. When I see something that works with my narrative I press the red button.

I've spent time writing this as an attempt to invite you to think that there may well be solutions outside the present, frustrating and baffling situation and impasse.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Apr 9, 2017 at 3:31:02 pm

How does one find Wayne Wagg's Render To Take tool? I Googled it to no avail.

Would be a good thing to bake them in I guess.

Thanks for the input!

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 10, 2017 at 2:21:07 am

My apologies to Wayne. His surname is spelt Waag.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]