FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro 12 Frame Rate Issues.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wessel van der Woude
Sony Vegas Pro 12 Frame Rate Issues.
on Apr 7, 2017 at 2:09:34 pm

I don't get it anymore, I've looked over the entire internet for a fix to this problem and I've only found fixes for different problems. I have been using Nvidia Shadowplay to record gameplay eversince I got this new computer. Whenever I watch back the raw file of the recording, the frame rate is fine apart frome a frame skipping once every 5 minutes. Whenever I put the file into Sony Vegas, is where it messes up. The preview shows choppy frames at one point, then converts to silky smooth 60FPS at the other. I rendered 2 videos with these settings and the rendered file seems to have the exact same issue. I use Project Properties that I got from the internet and after some research, that didn't seem to be what caused the problem. (I put a screenshot of those Project Properties in here too)

Next I went on the internet to try and find something that helped with frame rate issues on Sony Vegas. First thing I found was that I should go to Options>Preferences>Video>GPU acceleration of video processing>Off. So I did this and it didn't fix it at all. I kept looking and found another 'fix' that told me I should go to Project Properties and uncheck "Adjust source media to better match project or render settings". I turned this off, and it still didn't fix anything.
All the other fixes I can find on the internet are there just to help you fix the preview lag that people have. This lag that they have in the preview is also different from the choppy frames I've been dealing with. I have literally looked everywhere and I can't find a fix. If anyone knows a fix for this problem, I will forever be thankful. Thanks for your time, have a great day.

PC Specs:
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING 6GB
i5-4670k (Stock)
MSI Z97 PC Mate
Crucial Ballistix Sport BLS2CP8G3D1609DS1S00CEU
Crucial BX200 240GB

I will put the link to a video that showcases my issue, it's a videogame I recorded some time ago. WARNING: This video contains swearing.

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 12 Frame Rate Issues.
on Apr 7, 2017 at 5:09:03 pm

Vegas dislike Variable Frame Rate !

Try convert your recordings to Constant Frame Rate with HandBrake.

For Those Using nVidia's ShadowPlay - Variable Frame Rate

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2188814

Return to posts index

Wessel van der Woude
on Apr 7, 2017 at 5:39:52 pm

Hey, thanks for your quick answer. I'm pretty sure I read that Sony Vegas is one of the only programs that should handle variable frame rate well. I guess I will have to give Handbrake a try though.
Thanks again for your response, and for the recommendation.
Have a nice day!

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Apr 7, 2017 at 7:25:59 pm

I would do a trial of XSplit Broadcaster, that app records game footage in Constant frame mode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]