FORUMS: list search recent posts

I (still) don't 'get' rendering with Vegas

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Duffield
I (still) don't 'get' rendering with Vegas
on Apr 5, 2017 at 12:30:10 pm

I have footage in a vts folder which, if I render using handbrake (even if I choose 'very fast' option) it comes out crisp and clear.
However, I need to place a copyright notice at the beginning and then re-render so it's once piece of footage.
When I drop it into Vegas it asks 'do you want the same settings as video' or something similar, and I choose 'yes'.
Then, even if I render it as 1080HD or 720HD, it doesn't matter, it comes up looking slightly blurry. Almost like it has some kind of filter over the top of it. (Think of whatever you would put over a selfie to hide the wrinkles!)
I don't 'get' why this happens.
I'm just choosing the generic options, not customised.

Alternatively, is there any way I can render using handbrake and add my copyright notice at the same time? i.e. will handbrake join them together as one?

i have vegas 13 - I don't want 14 because I want vASST caption assistant.

thanks.

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: I (still) don't 'get' rendering with Vegas
on Apr 5, 2017 at 4:19:14 pm

Hi Amanda !

Can you give us:
MediaInfo of your footage
Post a pic. of your Project Properties
Post a pic. of your Render settings

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Apr 6, 2017 at 3:59:48 pm

When vegas says the render format = the project settings, it's just that. It says it's matching the resolution and frame rate. This does not mean it's matching the the bit rate of the original footage.

Media info will tell the specifics about your media. Then you will be able to match the bit rate of source material, using a custom profile that you create.

Disable resample on you footage that is on the timeline, and also use or learn about the "media match" button under project settings.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 6, 2017 at 5:06:20 pm

+ 1 Aaron. EDIT: +10 Aaron!

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Apr 8, 2017 at 12:34:21 am

[Amanda Duffield] "i have vegas 13 - I don't want 14 because I want vASST caption assistant. "
Just FYI - VASST Caption Assistant has been updated to work with Vegas Pro 14.0. Just visit the Download page of the vasstsoftware.com web site and get the latest installer.

Like the others said, we need more information about your video format. Handbreak will not add copyright info or concatenate your files. I do agree with what the others have said about the bit rate that you are rendering to may be too low.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]