FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie - Changing group of still images length past certain point.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Silva
Newbie - Changing group of still images length past certain point.
on Apr 5, 2017 at 4:28:12 am

Hello, I'm a new user and also very new to Sonny Vegas, I'm having a lot of trouble.
But most importantly I need help changing length of a group of still images.
I already tried to ctrl+click and drag them but this feature seem to have a max length.

Context: I'm trying to make a video for a college project that requires me to make a clip for a music. I am using some drawings to narrate the music in something like stop motion. In the first few verses it worked perfectly, but the later ones, not so much.

I'm trying to make the selected group join with the last two images, but they won't go longer than this.

I would appreciate some solution for this.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Newbie - Changing group of still images length past certain point.
on Apr 5, 2017 at 6:51:34 pm

[Daniel Silva] "I already tried to ctrl+click and drag them but this feature seem to have a max length."

This feature changes playback rate of the events, and it has it's boundaries. Namely a speed of 1/4 to 4x.
Since you seem to have still pictures, you should extend all of those on the timeline (separately).
You have more options:
Ungroup them, and simply change all the lengths to a higher value, simply dragging their sides. This works, if you have say 10 pictures.
If you have say hundred, this would be a lot of manual work, so it will be more comfortable to add the stills to the timeline again, but with a longer duration. For this open preferences and on the "Editing" tab look for "New still image length". This is the default length of a still when you add it to the timeline. Change it to a higher (say the double) value, add your images again, group them, and try the ctrl-drag method again to adjust.
This method works for free.
Also Vegasaur's Quick properties can do the same, but without readding the images: it can change the length of any number of selected event, and then either close gaps, or "place events" side by side.
There's one more thing you could do:
Select the time range you want to adjust, but can't because it's slowed down o 1/4 already: and do a render to new track. Then on the new track with the new event you can do the ctrl-drag adjust again. I would use this method only as a very last option, if everything other fails.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]