New Sony FDR-AX100 settings

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Koms
New Sony FDR-AX100 settings
on Apr 3, 2017 at 5:26:25 pm

Hoping for some tips and advice...
HELP PLEASE.
I just bought a new Sony cam, model FDR-AX100. SO MANY settings and not enough time to experiment. I will be video taping a high school play in a few days and need advice on some basic trouble free settings.
Not interested in 4k yet. I just want basic normal HiDef. So I can easily edit it with my Sony Vegas 13 Pro.

I am used to using my Canon HV20, Then capturing the video tape to PC with firewire and editing with Vegas pro 13. And then, creating Blu-ray's and DVD's. This cam will be my backup second cam for this project.

On my new Sony FDR-AX100, there are 2 different choices for HiDef, and then many choices under those, example, 60i 60p and 24p and then AVCHD - FX, FH, HQ and LP.
Should stay away from some of these, or definetly use certain ones??

With my old Canon, I would go to manual exposure to get a better picture. Should I consider doing that with this new cam? If so, is there and easy way?

I want to make sure I am able to edit with my (not so new) i7, 8 gigs ram PC.

I have a few SD cards:
SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB SDXC Flash Memory Card with up to 95MB/s
and a few,
SanDisk Ultra 32GB SDHC UHS-1 80mbs

Any tips on how to see if there are full, (while in cam) and how much can really fit on these?

Thanks in advance,
I planned on experimenting with all of this but ran out of time

Ron

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: New Sony FDR-AX100 settings
on Apr 4, 2017 at 12:19:43 am

For HD only, I would just shoot in 60P AVCHD-FX (24mbs). The SD cards will be fast enough to record to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]