FORUMS: list search recent posts

TS Hassle - Vegas 14

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Hawksley
TS Hassle - Vegas 14
on Apr 1, 2017 at 2:18:58 am

Hello.

I use an Elgato recording device to record my gameplay, and it records at a pretty nice bitrate. However, I'm only able to open the footage in vegas after I've converted it to an MP4 which introduces notable quality degradation. Is there a way that I can fix this problem of being unable to import the TS files or does Vegas simply not support them?

The videos are recorded with a random abundance of 2 channel audio tracks but Vegas still throws a tantrum even after demuxing them.

Thanks for your time

Return to posts index

John Norton
Re: TS Hassle - Vegas 14
on Apr 1, 2017 at 12:45:24 pm

If you use ffmpeg to "map" the video and audio files to an mp4 I'd say there should be no change in quality. I use that method to extract the video and largest single audio file from a video file recorded on a Satellite recorder. I only require the video file, and best, usually largest, audio file. Vegas doesn't support my .ts files.

Your needs may be different though, you may require all of the audio channels, the -map should work anyway.

Return to posts index

Jack Hawksley
on Apr 2, 2017 at 6:17:43 pm

I thank you very much for your help, but reinstalling Quicktime appeared to fix my issue completely!

I require none of the audio channels--my Elgato device can only record in stereo and I am playing games in 7.1 which yields strange results when the capture program attempts to record only the L + R channels. Instead I use another capture program to record my computer's stereo mix, but in 7.1.

I shall use that feature of ffmpeg in the future though, I didn't realise you could do stuff like that. Something tells me though, that converting the TS file to an MP4 in such a manner would still have not worked with Vegas-I had tried in several programs to change the container and tamper with the video stream but the only way to make it work was to re-encode the entire video over again. Weird.

Return to posts index

John Norton
on Apr 2, 2017 at 8:48:46 pm

"Something tells me though, that converting the TS file to an MP4 in such a manner would still have not worked with Vegas"

Rest assured Jack, the .ts files converted in this way to .mp4's, i.e. mapped first then converted to mp4's load and play perfectly in Vegas. So it's an option you can use, if you ever need it in the future.

Glad it worked out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]