FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting weird jittering on movement in frame on rendered film.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason ryan
Getting weird jittering on movement in frame on rendered film.
on Mar 31, 2017 at 7:21:01 pm

I'm re-editing a film for a director, and he gave me the completed film as the only source to work from.
The video properties were MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 23.976fps 11280kbps [Video]

After re-editing on Vegas 12, I'm rendering using settings that have performed very well for me in the past.
They are Main Concept MPEG-2, HDV 1080x1440, 2 pass VBR, max 25,000 kbps, 31 quality, 30fps.

I'm getting a weird jittering on any movement the actor makes in the frame in my render, which I've never gotten in the past. I tried lowering the max bit rate, and changing the fps to 23.976 plus 2-3 pulldown and also changing it to regular 23.967, all with the same jittering result. I also tried rendering to Blu-ray 1920 x 1080 with the same settings but that did nothing to make it better either.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason Ryan
http://www.psychicflyingmonkey.com

Return to posts index

jason ryan
Re: Getting weird jittering on movement in frame on rendered film.
on Mar 31, 2017 at 8:25:24 pm

Here's an example from the film:

You'll see the jittering when she moves her head at 00:15.

Jason Ryan
http://www.psychicflyingmonkey.com

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Getting weird jittering on movement in frame on rendered film.
on Apr 3, 2017 at 7:07:12 am

Because you need 24p (23.976 actually), I'd use project properties that matches it.
Pull-down is required to convert from 30p to 24p as far as I know, so, no need for it if your source is already 24p as well as your target (and hopefully project props too).
Then I'd make sure, there's no time-warping in the jittery-moving parts. I mean something like playback rate set to 95% or some event velocity applied.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]