FORUMS: list search recent posts

VAAST extensions disappeared

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Bansemer
VAAST extensions disappeared
on Mar 29, 2017 at 7:19:41 pm

All my VAAST extensions have disappeared from Vegas 13 and 14. I was using them just a few days ago. Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
Re: VAAST extensions disappeared
on Mar 30, 2017 at 1:24:52 am

Have they disappeared or are they hidden? I sometimes notice that if I ALT-TAB away from Vegas to say, Excel, the Ultimate S Pro buttons I have placed on the main toolbar 'disappear', but if I hover where they are supposed to be, the labels pop up and the buttons do work. They just become transparent. Restarting Vegas for me has been the only remedy as well as not ALT-TABbing away :-).

I have noticed this if I leave Vegas minimized for a period of time, say when I am taking a lunch break. Same fix as above.

My system specs: Intel i7 7700k 4.20 GHz, GTX570, 16GB RAM, Gigabye Z170 HD3, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 10 x64 Pro, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
Re: VAAST extensions disappeared
on Mar 31, 2017 at 11:12:51 am

It was my mistake (as usual) about not VAAST plugins. I was looking at the two "Extension" dropdowns and didn't see the third dropdown which did indeed have the plugins.
Strange they would have "Extensions" listed in 3 separate places and I was simply looking in the wrong one.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: VASST extensions disappeared
on Apr 1, 2017 at 12:51:23 pm

Yes, it's really important to note that Sony placed extensions on three (3) of their menus:
  • Edit | Extensions
  • View | Extensions
  • Tools | Extensions
Any extensions that has a User Interface must be placed under View | Extensions. Extensions that are under Edit and Tools cannot have a UI and therefore cannot interact with the user. Those are reserved for extensions that just perform functions without any user interactions.

Confusing to have them in three places maybe, but that's the logic of where to look. Lots of people look under the Edit menu instead of the View menu because there are next to each other and it's easy to get them confused because they both have an Extensions submenu.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]