How is Vegas PRO14 for audio

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam rosenthal
How is Vegas PRO14 for audio
on Mar 29, 2017 at 6:19:19 pm
Last Edited By Sam rosenthal on Mar 29, 2017 at 6:27:18 pm

Hi

I've used Vegas since 2002. My HD died, and I'll have to reinstall everything. I've been using Vegas PRO12 since 2013, primarily for audio but also for simple video editing. My question for everyone today:

Is PRO14 audio pretty much the same as PRO12 (and earlier)? Or did MAGIX do anything to mess it up?

Honestly, i haven't seen any improvements/deprovements in audio in a decade. Which is fine by me. Just wondering how it works for you?

Question 2: If I'm only doing audio and relatively simple video, should I go for PRO14 or PROEDIT14?

Thanks,

Sam

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: How is Vegas PRO14 for audio
on Mar 29, 2017 at 8:29:39 pm

Hi this is just my opinion and I may be even wrong, but I don't think there's any improvement in audio part of Vegas14.
I upgraded from Vegas 10, and Vegas14 behaves mostly just the same. My main benefit was the GPU acceleration with the upgrade, which may not worth anything to you...
Probably the only benefit could be that if Vegas14 supports a file format which Vegas12 does not, and you have to access the audio of such a file?
I honestly think if you grab the trial, and evaluate it you don't loose anything.
If I were you, I would keep on working with the V12, and do some test projects in the spare time with V14 to see if it works any better.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Sam rosenthal
Re: How is Vegas PRO14 for audio
on Apr 4, 2017 at 11:27:38 pm

Thank You László -- I decided to go with my V12, and upgrade to the latest build. But I screwed that up. See my new post.
: (

PRO12 Build 770
Running in Windows 7 on a Bootcamped Mac

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]