FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Preset Manager not installing/starting

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aleksi Linna
Sony Preset Manager not installing/starting
on Mar 29, 2017 at 2:05:49 pm

I downloaded the preset manager from here http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dl/dl.aspx?dwnid=115 but when I try to open the .exe I get the prompt: "Do you want the app to make changes to your device?" When I get yes, my mouse icon tells loading but nothing happens. I have Sony Vegas Pro 12 and Windows 10.

What should I do?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Sony Preset Manager not installing/starting
on Mar 29, 2017 at 3:15:19 pm

Try running as Administrator?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Aleksi Linna
on Mar 29, 2017 at 5:01:31 pm

Already tried that. Didn't work unfortunately.

Return to posts index

Aleksi Linna
on Apr 6, 2017 at 6:56:21 am

Can anyone please help? I also tried running with compatibility settings and still not working. I tried with my Win7 PC and worked without any problems. I need to get it running with my Win10 tho.

Return to posts index

Ralf MacGrady
on Apr 16, 2017 at 12:51:25 pm

I'm not sure if this is a solution: Before trying to install the program, right-click on the file and choose 'properties'. In the tabbed window that appears note if the 'General' tab is in the forefront. If it is then look near the bottom of the window and see if there is a button with 'Unblock' on it. If there is, click that and then apply.

Now see if it will install properly.

Return to posts index

Aleksi Linna
on Apr 18, 2017 at 6:47:34 pm

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately there was no such option there. Thanks anyways! This is a difficult problem to solve, cos no one else doesn't seem to have had this one before.

Return to posts index

Aleksi Linna
on Jun 18, 2017 at 6:59:36 am

I tried to install the previous version (1.0), which installs, but when I try to launch I get and error INTERGER DIVIDED BY ZERO and it crashes. Any tips for this?

Return to posts index

Aleksi Linna
on Jun 18, 2017 at 7:10:13 am

Alternatively, are there any other programs I could use to import presets? I need to get this working somehow. Please help.

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Jun 24, 2017 at 10:19:50 pm

You could also try:

1: Contact MAGIX tech support and hopefully they will respond within the week that most users have indicating they take to respond.

2: Update your build of Windows 10 to 1607 or the new 1703 build. Since Windows 10 is a "Service" in my opinion Microsoft is basically breaking and fixing things all the time and users are left to figure out how to cope with the issues until the next great "Build" is released again.

Build 1511 was more stable for some programs, and 1607 seems to have broken things that worked fine under 1511. Windows 10 is now a take your chance situation.

I really wish that MAGIX kept all of the Knowledge base info from SCS so users could find answers to questions. A lot of info has been lost I think in this move.

3: Search to see if there is a manual process of importing your presets or go here: http://vegasaur.com/vegas-presets-manager to see if this program will fit your needs. (This is a paid for program)

Good Luck

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Gia Imani
on Jul 9, 2017 at 12:26:43 pm

Hi ! Did you find a solution because i have the same problem and like you, i don't now what to do...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]