FORUMS: list search recent posts

GPU acceleration of video processing not detect my device

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kelphin phin
GPU acceleration of video processing not detect my device
on Mar 27, 2017 at 4:25:56 pm

hi guys,, what i mean is in vegas pro, press Option>Preferences>Video and you guys can see there is "GPU acceleration of video processing" and mine is off, i want to turn it on but there is no other option except off,, there is no detect any gpu device,, my gpu is working fine guys, but idont know why vegas cant detect mine,, please help

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: GPU acceleration of video processing not detect my device
on Mar 27, 2017 at 4:51:47 pm

You have no GPU or drivers installed that meet the requirements that Vegas demands. You list no info about your configuration or installed device. The vegas AMD minimums in order of performance are:

HD5770
HD6970
R9-270X
HD7970
RX480
R9-290X or 390X
R9-Fury X

Return to posts index

kelphin phin
on Mar 28, 2017 at 10:24:47 am

mine is Radeon 7670M, im using laptop, so there is no way for me to change GPU version? mine is not supported right?

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Mar 29, 2017 at 11:50:10 pm

If your laptop has more than 512MB of dedicated video ram(GPU ram) Vegas should see that device. Are your drivers up to date? What version of OS and Vegas are you running. GPU only started in Vegas 11, before that there is CPU only.

However, there may be more to the way Vegas selects a GPU to use than memory and OpenCL version support. Even if you were able to get the GPU working you may not see much improvement over CPU alone. Laptop/Mobile chipsets are given similar GPU numbers to the Desktop GPUs. The performance is generally way off in reality.

Radeon 7670M - 576.0 GFLOPS
Radeon 5770 Desktop - 1360 GFLOPS - Vegas 11 recommended minimum GPU for OpenCL timeline acceleration.
Radeon 7970 Desktop - 4300 GFLOPS

With a number like 7670M consumers are mislead to believe that performance will be in between or close to desktop units. Its all smoke and mirrors advertising.

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Mar 30, 2017 at 1:18:18 am

I think Aaron is right. I don't get the video acceleration option on my i7 laptop either, which has an ATI Radeon HD5730 1GB video card (only 620 Gflops). I suspect most laptops will not have enough 'grunt' because that typically equates to high power consumption, heat and shortened battery life.

I could be wrong, but possibly the Alienware series of laptops may have had that sort of GPU power at a high price, but I suspect most run-of-the-mill consumer laptops will be underpowered.

BTW, I initially didn't get video acceleration on my recently rebuilt desktop with an Nvidia GTX570 on Windows 10 Pro, but that got rectified once I updated the video drivers from Nvidia.

My system specs: Intel i7 7700k 4.20 GHz, GTX570, 16GB RAM, Gigabye Z170 HD3, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 10 x64 Pro, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Mar 30, 2017 at 5:03:11 pm

Could depend on the driver too.
I use my 6970 with a driver dated to 2015.
Once Ati suggested a more recent driver and accepted it, just to see. (It'sa polite thing to ask, not just blindly autoupdate, I think anyway).
It installed other stuff as well, seemed gameing telated, and was told to have opencl 2.0 support, if I remember correctly.
The new driver installed smooth, and things went well overall, but my Vegas lost gpu...
I reverted back to the ancient driver.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]