FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas pro 14 video out of sync

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Dill
Vegas pro 14 video out of sync
on Mar 27, 2017 at 12:34:47 am

Hey everyone, I just installed vegas 14 on my new computer, and on my old laptop everything would work fine.

But for some reason now, whenever I put a video in vegas (an .mp4) the audio is way out of sync, like it comes early, and the video ends abruptly.
The raw video is completely normal, but when I place it in vegas and render it just goes out of sync.

Heres an example:

If you need to know what I'm recording with and my settings are
Obs studio
120fps
1080p
recording as .mp4

Not sure if you'll need but my specs are
cpu: i5 6600k
mobo: msi b150m mortar
gpu: gtx 1060
windows 7 professional

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Vegas pro 14 video out of sync
on Mar 27, 2017 at 2:40:22 am

What are your Project Settings, the media info and render Settings?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

George Dill
on Mar 27, 2017 at 4:52:35 am

Project settings:
http://prntscr.com/eow8a5
Media info (not sure exactly what this is but im assuming its this):
http://prntscr.com/eow8ot
Render settings:
http://prntscr.com/eow8ur

Like I said before, the raw video is fine, its just when I place it in sony vegas is when it becomes out of sync.. So I don't think it would have to do with my render settings.

Return to posts index

George Dill
on Mar 27, 2017 at 4:55:43 am

Just found out what mediainfo is, sorry.
Mediainfo of the raw video
http://prntscr.com/eow9gm

Mediainfo of the rendered out video
http://prntscr.com/eow9lo

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Mar 27, 2017 at 4:56:59 am

Is it's framerate constant?

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

George Dill
on Mar 27, 2017 at 5:58:47 am

Yes it is, if you look at my example video everything is completely smooth.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Mar 27, 2017 at 6:29:39 am

Hi,

I used Vegas for more than 10 years now, and used media from cameras from different manufacturers in different formats. Never had an AV sync issue, so I thought your capture may be variable framerate, which is proven to be wrong in Vegas.
If it's not, and is really constant, I still would blame the source media (your captured file).
The first finding on a look for obs AV sync:
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/audio-delay.24644/

Also you can take a look at Wayne's post about using OBS for targeting Vegas:
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/1012989
After reading you may find the culprit somewhere in your capture settings... ;)

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Mar 27, 2017 at 6:32:53 am

No. That's not what he is asking. Switch Media Info to Text view and list the format parameters.

This is probably a another issue with OBS creating non standard video format, with a variable frame rate mode.

Also why are you capturing at 120fps? Is it to slow stuff down when needed or what? Most streaming services only support 60P, which in fact is actually 59.94. There is a difference between Video standards and PC monitor (gaming) frame rates.

Filmmakers and NLEs like Vegas want constant frame rate video codecs that are very rigid in timing. Mainly for audio drift problems. Does that sound familiar? I would convert that media with FFMPEG, and get it to a constant frame rate, intra frame codec.

You might also test X-Split broadcaster and see if you have the same problems. Last time I recorded something with XSplit, it produced constant frame rate media that edited well in Vegas.

Another question. Are you seeing a rock solid playback counter of 120fps at the bottom of the preview window?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 27, 2017 at 6:39:03 am

I agree Aaron.

There's definitely a mismatch somewhere in the workflow: capture > render > review. Here's another thing. A possible choking in the preview that's making the audio lag?

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Mar 27, 2017 at 6:45:44 am

Another question, why the project itself is interlaced?
That should not introduce AV sync issue, though...
120fps is overkill here, but alone that shouldn't be a problem as well. I had footages from AEEE action cameras before with this framerate (because of the need of slow-mo), and there was no problem. Audio from that cam was in perfect sync with that framerate video 😉
A choking in preview shouldn't be a problem. Yes, the preview goes than with a lag, but the rendered video should be fine anyway...

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

George Dill
on Mar 27, 2017 at 8:07:08 am

" No. That's not what he is asking. Switch Media Info to Text view and list the format parameters.

This is probably a another issue with OBS creating non standard video format, with a variable frame rate mode.

Also why are you capturing at 120fps? Is it to slow stuff down when needed or what? Most streaming services only support 60P, which in fact is actually 59.94. There is a difference between Video standards and PC monitor (gaming) frame rates.

Filmmakers and NLEs like Vegas want constant frame rate video codecs that are very rigid in timing. Mainly for audio drift problems. Does that sound familiar? I would convert that media with FFMPEG, and get it to a constant frame rate, intra frame codec.

You might also test X-Split broadcaster and see if you have the same problems. Last time I recorded something with XSplit, it produced constant frame rate media that edited well in Vegas.

Another question. Are you seeing a rock solid playback counter of 120fps at the bottom of the preview window?"
Im capturing at 120fps so I can slow video down and do edits yes.
Im not trying to stream at all, and if I do I know I would have to switch to 60 or 59.94.

My framerate will sometimes dip down to like 119 with prerendering. If I dont it'll dip down to like 100-110.

Its not even just the audio.. Like the whole video just cuts off completely in vegas. The raw video is fine, it captures the whole thing. If you would like I could upload the raw video.

If I were to convert the video with FFMPEG would it cause a loss in video quality?
I also noticed that vegas works completely fine with .avi's but those fill up a bunch of space, and I'd like to avoid using that if possible.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 27, 2017 at 8:12:11 am

[George Dill] "and I'd like to avoid using that if possible."
Why? How much space do you have? How many internal drives do you operate with?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

George Dill
on Mar 27, 2017 at 12:53:30 pm

I've got around 800gb on my hard drive right now. And I plan to record alot of clips so eventually it would stack up to alot of space.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 27, 2017 at 12:59:55 pm

What percentage of your drive is that? Am I to assume that you only have one drive? And your system is on that same drive with all your media?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

George Dill
on Mar 27, 2017 at 7:02:46 pm

20% of my drive, and yes I only have that one. And yes my system is in the same drive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]