FORUMS: list search recent posts

Take snapshots at markers, but labeled by active take name - which the snapshot comes from

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ellen Maurer
Take snapshots at markers, but labeled by active take name - which the snapshot comes from
on Mar 26, 2017 at 6:33:24 pm

Hello!

I tried everything I know and it names them by the markers.
Markers are already placed in timeline in custom positions, manually added. There are a lot of them so I didn't have time to rename each one of them by active take name. Each marker belongs to a source media (all source media with their unique corresponding event in timeline). Just to make myself clear. My timeline events consist of their entire source media. There's nothing trimmed in timeline.

With thanks,
Ellen

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Take snapshots at markers, but labeled by active take name - which the snapshot comes from
on Mar 26, 2017 at 6:50:45 pm

What do you want?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Ellen Maurer
Re: Take snapshots at markers, but labeled by active take name - which the snapshot comes from
on Mar 26, 2017 at 6:56:14 pm

I want to Take snapshots at markers, but labeled by active take name.

With thanks,
Ellen

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 26, 2017 at 7:19:04 pm

Thanks Ellen, I understand now.

So, every Event may have several Takes, and you want just that active Take Name to label the Marker. Much of what you want I've done separately with Excalibur and the VASST Scripts. However the Active Take name is something I'm not fathoming. Maybe a Script Guru can have some ideas.

It has to be doable.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Ellen Maurer
on Mar 26, 2017 at 7:45:46 pm

Oh no, each one of my timeline event has its own (distinct) active take. My timeline consist of events and each event is the original source media. In other words, each take with its own event.

With thanks,
Ellen

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 26, 2017 at 7:53:32 pm

Ah, so you don't have several TAKES within an EVENT?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Ellen Maurer
on Mar 26, 2017 at 8:27:01 pm

I'm not sure how can just one peace of a timeline event can have multiple takes. I'm sorry.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 26, 2017 at 8:29:11 pm

An Event can have more than one Take. It's a great feature.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 26, 2017 at 9:57:05 pm

By snapshots do you mean saving still images, like a jpg?

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 26, 2017 at 10:12:17 pm

Ellen .. are you using Excalibur to " .. Use Marker Names as snapshot file names " ... but you want Excalibur to name the "snapshot" file using the file name of the source media instead. ???

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 26, 2017 at 10:17:58 pm

I tracked this down and it can be done ...

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/thumbnailatmarker-js-want-t...

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 26, 2017 at 10:22:28 pm

This can be done with a script.

Return to posts index

Ellen Maurer
on Mar 28, 2017 at 8:27:33 pm

Sorry for the late reply.
Yes, I want jpegs/pngs (whatever) at marker position.
The script doesn't work .... Error message appearing after running it.

But, OMG! There's a big problem. And I Appologize for not paying attention.
What I noticed is that I actually need the existing markers to be renamed by active take name. Is it possible?
I know is possible to create markers by active take name but those markers are automatically placed at event start. And I need the existing markers to be renamed by active take name.

With thanks,
Ellen

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 28, 2017 at 8:39:39 pm
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Mar 28, 2017 at 8:41:27 pm

Glad the penny dropped! - it's what we do best here....

OK, so that we all know, are you saying you have Markers somewhere other than the start of the Event, and it is those Markers that you wish to be named by the Event that that Marker is "crossing"? Yes? And that Marker should get its name from the Active Take Name of that Event that Marker is "crossing"? I don't know of a Script that will do that.

I think you should give us a zoomed in Screen grab of the thing you're wanting. I'd really like to know why you want Markers, the purpose of them and the final outcome you're after. What is it you're finally wanting to achieve?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 28, 2017 at 9:48:23 pm

Check this out Grazie .. Could Edward's script be adapted to what OP wants? I'm no scripting expert.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 29, 2017 at 2:32:27 am

First off, Paul, I'd like to hear exactly what the final outcome is wanted. Doing all this will result in what for the poster here? Secondly, that script is ancient - 2003. I wasn't aware that Scripts had been about since then.

So, Ellen, forget about the "how", and tell us the "why" - what is it are you finally wanting to achieve?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Ellen Maurer
on Mar 29, 2017 at 5:10:07 pm

"are you saying you have Markers somewhere other than the start of the Event"
Yes. Each event in my timeline has its own marker. ( For example: 200 events = 200 makers. Each event = one marker with its unique placement.)

"and it is those Markers that you wish to be named by the Event that that Marker is "crossing"? Yes? "
Yes.

"And that Marker should get its name from the Active Take Name of that Event that Marker is "crossing"?"
Yes.

"... the thing you're wanting. I'd really like to know why you want Markers, the purpose of them and the final outcome you're after. What is it you're finally wanting to achieve?"
So I dare to write the whole long crazy story. Thank you and excuse me. ^_^
I know a video which is amazingly filtered. Its more than just color grading. I opened it in my browser, made about 200 snapshots of it. And I'm going to use those snapshots as a reference, because I want to exercise to get that outcome (I want to try to recreate that look) using materials (video materials) that I have (in fact, using snapshots of the video media that I have). So, first track has all the snapshots (taken from the filtered video), cookie cutter applied and pan crop modified so that those snapshots are centered on the left part of window preview. Second track has all the events of my source media. A piece of event for each snapshot in the above track. My mistake was that I didn't thought to name those markers when placed. [I scrolled through each video media event to find the right frame to use as a snapshot point and in that point I added the marker. Each event with its own special placed marker.] Let's say a miracle happened and I have all the snapshots (from my media) taken and also each one of it named by the active take name of the corresponded snapshot in the first track. Next step would be to delete the track with all my media events and to have only the first track and the track with snapshots taken at markers position.
I hoped there's something that can rename all these markers by the active take name of the snapshots in the first track. Because I neeed my snapshots (taken from my media) to have the same name as its reference (in the above track).

With thanks,
Ellen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]