FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grouping Fail in Vegas 14 win10

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Maier
Grouping Fail in Vegas 14 win10
on Mar 20, 2017 at 1:55:48 pm

When I group tracks, they will move together, but if I try to reduce the event length, they ungroup and won't cut together as a group (as in a matching audio and video track).

Return to posts index

Robert Maier
Re: Grouping Fail in Vegas 14 win10
on Mar 20, 2017 at 5:46:49 pm

I've had several other problems with Vegas 14 trial and Win 10-- 'Vegas stopped working' and shuts down frequently, grouping of tracks not working, track colors changing spontaneously, audio dead audio, cuts duplicating themselves and covering up on timeline, and a few more wacky behaviours that I didn't specifically track.

I've gone back to my Vegas 13 on my Win7 machine, all the problems go away. I will not buy the upgrade now.

I've worked with Vegas since 6.0. What a shame.

Paying $250 for the 14 upgrade, that simply doesn't work-- plus Vegas' inability of offer any real tech support the way Sony did makes Vegas 14 DOA for me. Any one else?

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Mar 20, 2017 at 7:19:02 pm

The rest of the world just uses this software, which doesn't work for you on the magical Win10. So you ditch V14 along with win10 and go back to V13 on Win7.
Why don't you try V14 on win7?
It actually wotks quite well. Not perfect, but works well and is a quite useable tool.
I do my everyday work on this combo (win7/vegas14).
I agree with you on the low quality of support, but that does not equal to the quality of Vegas in general.
Again: despite your bad experience - for which I'd blame win10 now- vegas is not so bad, but a good useable tool.
Whether you buy an upgrade or not, it's your decision, your money. It's up to you ;)

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Robert Maier
on Mar 20, 2017 at 8:46:59 pm

I guess I'm in the minority considering Win 10, and possibly Vegas 14. Right now, I'm behind in editing several projects, so won't change anything. I've done great, fast editing with all versions of Vegas up to 13. Thanks for letting me know its all working good for you. Will try 14 when I get my Win7 laptop. But I don't have time to experiment right now.

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Mar 21, 2017 at 12:01:59 am

[Robert Maier] "'Vegas stopped working"

I get this a lot, particularly when video acceleration is enabled. I also get it if I mix MOV files wth MP4 and MTS, so I simply convert MOV to MP4. The problem goes away.

Unfortunately Windows 10 is here to stay. I was forced to Windows 10 when my system died recently. I could not install Windows 7 again as it was an upgrade from Vista, and the technician was not about to do a dual install just to get me back to Windows 7. He simply installed an upgrade version of Windows 10 using my existing Windows 7 upgrade licence key.

I have avoided going to SVP14 as there is no pressing need for me. I alternate between SVP12 and 13 as the veg projects are both backwards and forwards compatible. I have noticed that video acceleration (for me) shows a preview on SVP12 but not on SVP13, but given the stability issues, I have disabled it, period, in both SVP versions.

My system specs: Intel i7 7700k 4.20 GHz, GTX570, 16GB RAM, Gigabye Z170 HD3, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 10 x64 Pro, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 20, 2017 at 6:20:32 pm

>> When I group tracks, they will move together, but if I try to reduce the event length, they ungroup and won't cut together as a group (as in a matching audio and video track).

Do you mean grouping events or tracks? Explain further. I'm not seeing any problem in VP14 with grouped events.

Return to posts index

Robert Maier
on Mar 20, 2017 at 8:48:29 pm

I meant events. I'll try 14 on my win 7 machine when I have more time. Thanks for responding.

Return to posts index

Robert Maier
on Mar 24, 2017 at 1:23:34 pm

I meant events. Now I can't get Vegas 13 to work on my new Win7 laptop. After a few minutes, Vegas freezes, and I get a message that "Vegas has stopped working." Maybe, since I have Installed 13 on my desktop, it won't work on my laptop, using the same SN. Never had that problem under Sony. Would be happy to upgrade to 14, if I can get it to work on Win 7.
Will install 14 trial and hope if plays nice. I'd be fine upgrading to Win 10, but couldn't get 13 or 14 to work on it. I understand most people aren't having that problem, but how do you troubleshoot, when all problems seem to relate to the different OS?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]