FORUMS: list search recent posts

After expanding mutlicamera....

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Stark
After expanding mutlicamera....
on Mar 16, 2017 at 2:59:25 pm

I've edited a three camera project in multicamera. Get towards the end and realize that I was missing some footage for some reason (operator error). I "expand to multiple tracks". I now sync up the rest of my footage. Everything is gravy at this point, just a bit perturbed for my bonehead error.

NOW is where I'm a bit stuck. If I create a a multicamera track out of the project so that I can go back and edit the end of my material in multicamera editing mode, I lose ALL of my cross fades up to this point. Any suggestions? I'm now stuck between fixing all of these edit points (a few hundred at the least) or editing the end of my material the old fashioned way (mousing around with envelopes, etc...)

Return to posts index

Ross Stark
Re: After expanding mutlicamera....
on Mar 16, 2017 at 3:24:43 pm

I finally get to feel like a "giver" instead of just a "taker" here on this forum!!! I figured out a workaround. Maybe this will help someone else.

I lined up the new/missing footage with the old project layout in expanded multicamera. I then did the ol' Ctrl+A and Split. I added three new empty video tracks(#4, 5 and 6), selected from the split to the end, and dragged the selected portion down to the three empty video tracks. I then combined tracks #4, 5 and 6 into a mutlicamera track. That allowed me to edit the remainder in multicamera while leaving the previous material undisturbed.

Hope this helps someone. Please ask questions if you have any.

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Mar 16, 2017 at 4:37:59 pm

There is no way to retrieve or keep those transitions, color corrections, etc after expanding the track. All those have to be done after expanding.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Mar 17, 2017 at 8:50:56 pm

I do some multicam stuff every now-and-then.
For multicam events I always add color correction as media FX.
When cutting the multicam, I use the numbers.
For adding a crossfade instead of a straight cut, scrub back to the point and press "/" on the num pad. (Preferences/Editing tab: "cut to overlap conversion" sets the amount of time the crossfade will take)
Ctrl - "/" converts back to straight cut.
In the case you described, I would have just done the same, add the new tracks, create a new mutlicam track, line up, etc. Then just move the content from the second (newly created) multicam to the original multicam track and delete the new one. So I'd have only one multicam track. (Just because I don't like to have more than one.)

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Mar 21, 2017 at 12:12:24 am

The built in multicam in Vegas is a bit limited. I use Vasst Ultimate S Pro Quadcam and it preserves all effects and transitions. The only catch is that when I need to close up or increase a gap, I need to remember to select the events and then select all the takes (markers) and realign them. On a big project with a couple of hundred or so takes (cuts to a different camera) this probably only takes me 5 minutes to do.

My system specs: Intel i7 7700k 4.20 GHz, GTX570, 16GB RAM, Gigabye Z170 HD3, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 10 x64 Pro, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

John Norton
on Mar 21, 2017 at 12:28:22 am

I saw a suggestion elswhere for doing Multicam, in case of errors. Basically it was to create a duplicate set of the for example 3 tracks, then select the first 3 and do Multicam. The second set are there for backup, delete when done and no problems.

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Mar 21, 2017 at 4:54:08 am

That works, too, just hope you don't have to re-edit your multicam too many times... .

My system specs: Intel i7 7700k 4.20 GHz, GTX570, 16GB RAM, Gigabye Z170 HD3, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 10 x64 Pro, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Ross Stark
on Mar 23, 2017 at 11:13:50 pm

Good conversation, guys. I appreciate the input. Thank you, all!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]