FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone know where I can obtain the CODEC to open this file in Vegas Pro 12/13?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nigel O'Neill
Anyone know where I can obtain the CODEC to open this file in Vegas Pro 12/13?
on Mar 16, 2017 at 11:06:05 am

It's an MP4 file that Vegas does not want to recognise at all. I tried installing QT 7.7, but na da.

It's a file I purchased via an editor who distributes on Vimeo. Plays fine in media player, VLC but Vegas Pro does not want to have anything to do with it.

My system specs: Intel i7 7700k 4.20 GHz, GTX570, 16GB RAM, Gigabye Z170 HD3, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 10 x64 Pro, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Tim Riordan
Re: Anyone know where I can obtain the CODEC to open this file in Vegas Pro 12/13?
on Mar 18, 2017 at 10:54:38 pm

Hi Nigel,
i don't know if you got it solved yet ...
I had that exact problem with some Vimeo content. It was the same AVC AAC file which you'd think would be straightforward. And for some reason what solved it for me was remuxing the file. I demuxed it with MyMp4box, and remuxed it first as vid only content. That worked. Vegas then accepted that vid only remuxed content. It appears that Vegas didn't like the AAC audio portion. As the audio was the less important in my case, I then just converted it to m4a and remuxed the vid \ audio back together. That way the newly remuxed file had no extra compression \ quality loss to the vid - only the audio. That worked for me anyway.

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
Re: Anyone know where I can obtain the CODEC to open this file in Vegas Pro 12/13?
on Mar 19, 2017 at 4:25:30 am

Thanks. I just demuxed and then renamed the h264 file to mp4. Vegas accepted that file :-)

My system specs: Intel i7 7700k 4.20 GHz, GTX570, 16GB RAM, Gigabye Z170 HD3, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 10 x64 Pro, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]