FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to speed up playback wo affecting the clip?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gennady Gaidukevich
How to speed up playback wo affecting the clip?
on Mar 15, 2017 at 11:22:42 am

I often use SV for listening and editing audio (I know there are better programs for this purpouse but for me it's more habitual to use SV) and I was wondering: is there a way to speed up or slow down audio playback? Not the whole clip stuff but only playback. I don't want to change audio, only want to speed it up or slow it down like you do in VLC for example. Is it possible?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: How to speed up playback wo affecting the clip?
on Mar 15, 2017 at 1:13:56 pm

Sorry, you appear to be contradicting yourself.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 15, 2017 at 3:35:51 pm

My Tivo has a feature that speeds up picture and audio by about 30% while keeping the audio close to the same pitch as normal. The purpose is to go through a program ( like an interview ) quicker.

Vegas can whip through a video track at very high rates. Scanning quickly though audio is more problematic.

What would you audio sound like at 10x normal? You could try applying on a track level, PITCH SHIFT .. Set the semitones to shift at 30 .. This goes about 10x normal speed. IT ran through a 3 min song in about 20 seconds. But the timeline cursor does not sync and stays at normal speed.

You can get up to 400% playback on audio by holding down the CTRL key and grabbing the end of the audio event and dragging it to the left. But, the timeline cursor does not keep up with this fully either.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 15, 2017 at 4:00:31 pm

This is something I never use .. but this will allow the timeline cursor to keep up at 4X rate. Combining this with setting the event to 400% playback will run through at about 10x or better ..

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Mar 16, 2017 at 1:08:35 am

Hi Gennady

This is what I sometime use when I am in a bind or when I want to make the voice more anonymous. In your case, make sure that the Pitch shift is at No shift and he maintain timbre is selected. Then, just play with the Speed change, not to much or will start to sound funny. You can only use .WAV, .MP3 and .WMA files at 8 and 16 bits, not 24. Hey, it's a free software.....

http://www.athtek.com/voicechanger.html

Cheers !

PC Win 7 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]