FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fixing pixelated, low resolution texts and objects?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kuba Luk
Fixing pixelated, low resolution texts and objects?
on Mar 15, 2017 at 6:57:18 am

So I was learning to do some visual tricks with Sony Vegas, however I noticed that often when I add some kind of an image, or text, it's a bit low resolution - you can see pixels and it really annoys me.

Here's the sample: http://imgur.com/RgjnRqu
The pixels of the letter S and H really stick out, but I don't know how to fix it. At first I thought the images were pixelated because of their original resolution not corresponding with Sony Vegas resolution, but this example has a text effect added directly from the video editor.

I would be thankful for help.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Fixing pixelated, low resolution texts and objects?
on Mar 15, 2017 at 10:57:12 am

[Kuba Luk] "The pixels of the letter S and H really stick out, but I don't know how to fix it."
Yes, I see that. I get the LARGEST font size for the treatment and then use that. What are you doing to the Text to get that? Are you ZOOMING on on Track Motion or PanCrop?

Here's what I get with UNIVERSAL SERIF at 210:

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Kuba Luk
on Mar 16, 2017 at 9:58:29 pm

Thank you for your response. Yes, I do zoom in on the text in pan/crop tool, I never realized it could cause such a drop in resolution. However, setting the biggest font possible usually cuts off the part of the text that goes beyond the frame - scaling it back down leaves with only a chunk of a text object.

Also, how to deal with pixelation in images that are taken from the internet?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 17, 2017 at 3:05:18 am

[Kuba Luk] "Also, how to deal with pixelation in images that are taken from the internet?"
Smart resizing in a Graphics Editor. I use Corel PSP. Do you own a Graphics Package?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]