FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame rate question about Vegas Movie Studio 14

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Cooper
Frame rate question about Vegas Movie Studio 14
on Mar 14, 2017 at 8:20:01 am

I see that Vegas Movie Studio 14 has just been released. I am a regular user of Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 and although I'm overall happy with this version, there is one serious flaw. Regarding export options, Movie Studio 12 has Main Concept MPEG 2 1280 x 720 25p and 1920 x 1080 50i but strangely, there is no 1920 x 1080 25p option in Main Concept MPEG 2. Would Vegas Movie Studio 14 have a 1080p Main Concept MPEG 2 export option? Ive read through the product features of this new version but there's no mention of export options. I was consider going with another NLE program from a different company just so that I can have a good quality 1080p export option but might consider upgrading to Movie Studio 14 if it has this feature.

I know that some of you will tell me that I can customise the export options and manually type in '25p' but it won't work (won't render.) Ive tried it myself and it gives an error message when I try and render.

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
Re: Frame rate question about Vegas Movie Studio 14
on Mar 14, 2017 at 10:02:47 am

No it hasn't. The templates are virtually unchanged.

I doubt that other editors will help you. 1080 25p isn't to my knowledge part of the Blu-ray specs. That's why it doesn't appear.

Try exporting as mp4 either 25p or 50p.

Return to posts index

Patrick Cooper
on Mar 14, 2017 at 12:44:09 pm

Correct - 1080 25p is not supported by Bluray. Though I do not want to burn a Bluray for these particular projects. I want to create video files for stock footage. And it appears that these days, most clients of stock footage prefer progressive footage over interlaced (especially with regards to HD footage.)

I do have a copy of Adobe Premiere Elements that I haven't registered yet. I'll see if that software allows exporting to 1080p.

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
on Mar 14, 2017 at 9:36:28 pm

Have you asked your clients what format they prefer? You may find the format they prefer enables you to export 1080 25p. Why do you consider you need to export mpeg2 which is an old codec nowadays.

Return to posts index

Patrick Cooper
on Mar 14, 2017 at 11:38:11 pm

A lot of the online stock agencies prefer MOV files. Regarding MPEG 2, I don't really have a strong preference for that (just as long as the video file is rendered with a sufficiently high bitrate.) I can then import the MPEG 2 (or alternatively another kind of file) into MPEG Streamclip where I can convert it into a MOV.

Return to posts index

Patrick Cooper
on Mar 15, 2017 at 1:07:15 am

Ive just had another look at Sony Movie Studio and noted under Windows Media Video V11, there is a 1080 25p option. The heading states that the bitrate is 25Mbps but oddly, when you click on 'customise template' to look at the finer details, it states that this preset has a 7 Mbps bitrate which is shockingly low.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]