FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pre-comp over-scales, clamps edges

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Fox
Pre-comp over-scales, clamps edges
on Mar 13, 2017 at 11:25:54 pm

I composed a scene with multiple layers. The lowest layer has a light ray effect that does not extend past the boundary of the frame. It is well under by about 150 pixels buffering both top and bottom edges and several hundred pixels on the left and right side of the image in the center.

After saving the project, I open up another project, and drag and drop the pre-comp project file into the new project. It seems like Vegas crops the pre-comp, choosing the top-most track for its dimensions. That track is solely composed of an image measuring 1080 vertically. Obviously when the image is dropped into the original pre-comp project, Vegas scales that to my project dimensions. I scale that down further.

The lowest layer has the light ray effect which extends past the edges of the top image. Those light rays are getting cropped when I drop the pre-comp into a new project.

In the new project, when I go to Event Pan / Crop for the pre-comp, the image shows as cropped there.

Any idea how I can convince Vegas to use the entire project dimensions for my pre-comp?

I am using Vegas 13. Also, when I render out the original pre-comp project, the edges are not cropped.

Return to posts index

Chris Fox
Re: Pre-comp over-scales, clamps edges
on Mar 13, 2017 at 11:41:05 pm

Never mind. I fixed the issue. The images used in the tracks in the original pre-comp project needed to have the match output aspect ratio option set in their even pan / crop then scaled in event pan / crop to the desired size.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]