FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pan/crop only was applied to one split segment

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sergei Sokolov
Pan/crop only was applied to one split segment
on Mar 11, 2017 at 9:42:05 pm
Last Edited By Sergei Sokolov on Mar 11, 2017 at 9:46:54 pm

I have a video that I have split up. There are like a dozen splits.

I applied the pan/crop effect, but it only applied to the first split segment.
There is a little green pan/crop icon in the segment timeline.
I tried to right click -> Delete, but there is no such option.
If I click it, the pan/crop window opens, but the "delete" is disabled.

THIS IS DISABLED
https://www.moviestudiozen.com/images/faq/2013/07/12/removing-video-audio-f...

1) How do I delete this effect?
2) How do I then apply pan/crop to all split segments at once?

Return to posts index

Lex Ger
Re: Pan/crop only was applied to one split segment
on Mar 11, 2017 at 10:49:38 pm

Pan/Crop cannot be disabled

on Pan/Crop window, delete the Position keyframes and leave one.

now click the keyframe, righ-click on the "F" dotted line (image), and click restore.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 11, 2017 at 11:21:50 pm

Lex is right. You cannot delete pan/crop .. It's confusing. It appears in all the FX chains but it is something you cannot do without. Pan/crop sets your framing. It has to be there.

>>How do I then apply pan/crop to all split segments at once?

First. When you place some media on the timeline, we call it "an event" in Vegas. If you split that media, you now have two events and so on. So let's say you have split your media into 6 events. You want the same exact pan/crop setting for all of these events. How do you do it all at once?

1. Copy (Ctrl-C) the event you want to use for pan/crop settings.
2. Select all the other events on your timeline that you want to apply the pan/crop settings to .. Do this by selecting the first event, then hold down the CTRL key and click the next event you want to select .. and so on until all events are selected and highlighted.
3. Right click on one of the selected events. Choose "Paste event attributes". .. DONE.

It does not matter which events you select. They do not all have to be from the same media -- all of them will get the same pan/crop settings if you copy and then paste event attributes. THEY WILL ALSO GET any other attributes from the copied event, like FX too. So if you have a Color Curves setting in the event you copy, that same setting will be applied to an event you do "paste event attributes" .. SO if you only want pan/crop, then "uncheck" any other FX in the chain before you copy it to do a past event attributes.

By the way, if you adjust the pan/crop on your media prior to doing a split. The pan/crop setting remains no matter how many times you split that media. But once the media is split, they are separate events with separate attributes.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Sergei Sokolov
on Mar 11, 2017 at 11:41:12 pm

Got it. So, I right click the "F" and choose restore to get back to default pan/crop.
I was able to paste attributes to the rest. I don't like that.
Is it best practice to pan/crop BEFORE splitting into segments?

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 12, 2017 at 12:02:42 am

>>Is it best practice to pan/crop BEFORE splitting into segments?

Yes. You can adjust each event as needed, but if they are all the same media, like, for example, an interview where the shot is static, best to pan/crop the whole media first. Saves time. BUT .. may not save time in all situations. As long as you understand how things work, you can decide what is best for your edit.

I like "paste event attributes" .. it has saved me lots of time too. Remember, you can still adjust each event individually after doing the "paste event attributes" ..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]