FORUMS: list search recent posts

Are the animations and art from this video possible in Sony Vegas 13?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Beans
Are the animations and art from this video possible in Sony Vegas 13?
on Mar 10, 2017 at 2:47:45 am

This video includes simple colors and shapes that move around the screen. A dialogue box appears occasionally.

Is the style of this video doable in Sony Vegas 13? If yes, then are there any tutorials that can teach me the basics of making such a video? If not, which software was used to create it?

Thanks for your time!

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Are the animations and art from this video possible in Sony Vegas 13?
on Mar 10, 2017 at 3:21:08 am

Hi Jack

Very doable.

Just import your graphics and animate them using keyframes. Same with fonts. Just type ''keyframe animation vegas tutorial'' in Google.

It won't take long for a bright lad like you to learn how to animate.

Cheers !

PC Win 7 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Jack Beans
on Mar 10, 2017 at 5:32:41 am

Thank you for the quick response Francois!

Thankfully I have some basic knowledge of keyframing already. I just have 1 specific question. I was originally against using keyframes because I may need to move a mass number of objects at once, like at 2:28 of this video -

Do I have to do the keyframe for each individual square on the screen? That seems like quite a bit of work. Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Mar 10, 2017 at 11:42:35 am

Hi Jack

There is animation software out there that will do this type of stuff. Bare in mind that Vegas is not an animation software but, in my view, a pretty darn good editing software that can do basic animation.

In my line of work, when the need for more specialized animation arises, I have a go to ''Guy''. Your solution could be that with the more complex part of the animation, the option of farming out those sequences would give you more time to polish your editing...

You rarely see a great cameraman double as a great editor or animator. You can be good but not great.

And this concludes the educational part of this reply.

In closing, try this link. You may find something that will help you.

https://www.nyfa.edu/student-resources/best-free-open-source-animation-soft...

Cheers !

PC Win 7 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Jack Beans
on Mar 10, 2017 at 2:18:58 pm

I looked into some software and may consider getting Adobe Animate. It seems like that should do the job but it will require some learning.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Erik Davis
on Mar 10, 2017 at 12:42:05 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to add that the easiest way to move lots of things at once in Vegas is by using Parent/Track tracks in Vegas. You could put all of your little boxes stacked as you like on many tracks in Vegas. Then make all of those tracks the child of a single track above them which will be the parent track. 3D Track Motion on the Parent track will move all of the individual boxes at once together.

Then you can have individually specified movement of the many boxes by using the regular track motion on the child tracks. This would allow you to do exactly as I saw at 2:08 into the video.

Erik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]