FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV Video Capture - HVR-M25U

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Mitchell
HDV Video Capture - HVR-M25U
on Mar 9, 2017 at 7:15:11 pm

I need some help getting the preview window to show video instead of a blue screen with a HVR-M25U connected via Firewire in Vegas Pro 11.

Both Vegas and HDVSplit recognize the M25U. I have machine control,but no active video in preview.

The deck is set to ilink off, EE pass through, HDV. Although I have tried setting it to Auto. Same results.

When I connected the deck the driver installed in Windows Vista. This old PC is a 32bit.

There is a window that is supposed to open in Vegas when you select capture in which you choose DV or HDV. I believe that I selected HDV every time, but that window no longer appears to check it.

When I installed HDVSplit it showed an error saying I needed to install FFDShow for MPEG 1 reasons. So, I installed that. But no video preview.

I have also tried starting the deck before turning on the PC and cycling the deck on/off. I've tried every combination of that.

I'm sure that there must be one more thing to try to get video to preview.

Please help!

Jay

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: HDV Video Capture - HVR-M25U
on Mar 11, 2017 at 2:01:25 am

[Jay Mitchell] "The deck is set to ilink off, EE pass through, HDV. Although I have tried setting it to Auto. Same results."
I would read page 67 of your User's Manual about connecting this up to a computer. I believe is says that you have to have iLink ON (iLink is Sony's marketing name for Firewire.) Also it sounds like EE Passthru might output via analog and not Firewire. Here is what the User's Manual says:
Be sure to connect the i.LINK cable to the computer (editing machine) first and then connect it to the unit. If you connect the i.LINK cable to the unit first, it may cause the unit to malfunction because of static electricity.
  • When the unit is connected to a computer equipped with an i.LINK jack and you intend to disconnect or reconnect the i.LINK cable, turn off the computer and pull out the plug of its power cord from the wall outlet beforehand. If you connect or disconnect the i.LINK cable while the computer is connected to the AC outlet, high-voltage current (8 to 40 V) is output from the i.LINK jack of the device to the unit, which may cause a malfunction.

• Before connecting the i.LINK cable, set [HDV/DV SEL] and [i.LINK SET] in the [IN/OUT REC] menu. If you perform the settings after connecting the cable, the computer (editing machine) may not recognize the unit correctly or may freeze.

• If you input or output signals in a format incompatible with the computer (editing machine), the computer may not recognize the unit correctly or may freeze.

• When set to EE mode, the unit outputs analog signals that are input from the HDV/DV jack to the computer. S VIDEO or VIDEO signals are output from the HDV/DV jack, according to the setting of the INPUT SELECT switch. To output the playback image from the unit through the HDV/DV jack only, set the INPUT SELECT switch to HDV/DV.
You really need to read the manual and understand how to configure the deck correctly before you plug it into your computer.
[Jay Mitchell] "There is a window that is supposed to open in Vegas when you select capture in which you choose DV or HDV. I believe that I selected HDV every time, but that window no longer appears to check it. "
Hmmm... go to Options | Preferences | Video and uncheck the option that says: "Use external video capture application" and it should default to the internal HDV capture utility.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
Re: HDV Video Capture - HVR-M25U
on Mar 11, 2017 at 11:32:48 pm

[Jay Mitchell] "When I connected the deck the driver installed in Windows Vista"

If John's suggestions do not work, I do vaguely recall in Vista that you had to also force the OS to use the legacy driver:

• Click the Start Button, type devmgmt.msc in the “Start Search” box and press Enter.
  • Expand the "IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers" node in the device tree on the right hand pane.
  • Right click the host controller node select "Update driver software ..."
  • Select "Browse my computer for driver software".
  • Select "let me pick from a list of device driver on my computer ..." and Check the box before “Show compatible hardware”.
  • Choose the second option---1394 OHCI Com
pliant Host Controller (Legacy), and click next to update the driver.

My system specs: Intel i7 7700k 4.20 GHz, GTX570, 16GB RAM, Gigabye Z170 HD3, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 10 x64 Pro, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]