FORUMS: list search recent posts

Full Screen and Images on Timeline issues

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James McCabe
Full Screen and Images on Timeline issues
on Mar 6, 2017 at 12:55:19 am

I have just bought Vegas 14 Pro (Edit) having used Vegas 8 previously. I have a couple of issues already.

1) Full Screen results in white screen

When I click on the 'Video Preview on External Monitor' button when I have the cursor on the video timeline, the screen goes full screen but it is completely white. In the 'Preview Device Preference' tab, the Windows Graphics Card is showing as 'connected' and the 'Display adaptor' is showing up as a single option (the screen dimensions) and the 'Identify Displays' but produces a green number '1' on my screen but when I go full screen on pause or playback, the screen is completely white (apart from an instruction to press Escape to exit full screen.

Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone know a cause or a fix?

2) I have a thirty minute clip on my timeline. Only three 'preview' images show up in my timeline; one at the beginning, one in the middle and one at the end. This is not very satisfactory. In Vegas 8, I would have 15 images that would completely fill the same timeline for a single clip. As I move in on the timeline using my mouse in Vegas 8, I will always have 15 images on the timeline even as I move down to 20 minutes, down to 10 minutes, down to 5 minutes down to 2 minutes and don to one minute. With Vegas 14, I can lose images on the timeline completely if I close in on a 10 minute stretch of the clip on the timeline, apart from a single image that appears on the preview window. I only start to see more images appear on the timeline when I close in on 1 second of the timeline, at which point 12 images can be seen. There is no increase beyond that.

Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone know a cause or a fix?

I am a bit disappointed with Vegas 14 in having to ask questions so soon after receiving the product. I think I only ever had one issue with Vegas 8 that I could not resolve myself.

Thanks

James

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Full Screen and Images on Timeline issues
on Mar 6, 2017 at 3:39:41 am

Use Options/Preferences/Video .. then "Thumbnails to show in video events" .. Choose ALL. I don't know if it gives you 15 thumbnails but it gives you more.

THe Monitor problem is another can of worms. Could be your video card driver. Need your specs.

Return to posts index

James McCabe
on Mar 6, 2017 at 4:11:36 am

Thanks Paul. That is one problem fixed.

NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT is my card.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 6, 2017 at 4:18:24 am

Just a guess ... Options/Preferences/Video .. turn off GPU acceleration ..

Return to posts index

James McCabe
on Mar 6, 2017 at 4:23:10 am

It is already off (interestingly there are no other options).

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 6, 2017 at 6:32:21 am

[James McCabe] ". . . but when I go full screen on pause or playback, the screen is completely white (apart from an instruction to press Escape to exit full screen."
Sounds like a a local issue. I can't think of anything, nor can I repro your error. Sorry . . .

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Mar 6, 2017 at 7:02:14 am

The 8800 GT is only like 75GFLOPS. That card is really old by vegas 14 standards. To put things in perspective, the Vegas 11 minimum GPU was 1500 GFLOPS capable, and the AMD 5770 recommended. Vegas 14 was built during the time of the R9-290X, 390X, and R9-Fury cards. Those card are around 5600 to 8600 GFLOPs capable. If your GPU is that old, then the rest of your system might be that old as well. What does the rest of your computer look like in terms of CPU, mother board and RAM amounts?

You really should look into a better GPU that will work properly with Vegas 14. One of these would be best in order of compute performance:

R9-270x
7970-GHz
RX480
R9-290x/390x
R9-FuryX

You might try swapping the video DVI cables and seeing if the other port works better with the external mode of operation. Since that 8800 has an S-Video port along side the DVI ports, sometimes those ports were wired weird. You would think you could run 2 monitors plus an analog video output but most did not support this. You generally only got either the DVI or the SVideo port. Swapping the ports might resolve external full screen output problem. I know you are not trying to use the svideo port, just saying that if that if the DVI tied to the svideo is the one trying to be used for external display, this might help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]