FORUMS: list search recent posts

Movie Studio 14.0 Platinum Isn't Showing the Full Render Screen (Advanced Options) - So I can't Render - Windows 10

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin v Duuglas-Ittu
Movie Studio 14.0 Platinum Isn't Showing the Full Render Screen (Advanced Options) - So I can't Render - Windows 10
on Mar 5, 2017 at 12:01:34 pm

Hi,

I just purchased 14.0 Platinum for my new Dell Inspiron desktop, having loved the software for many years and still having version 13.0 on my laptop. I render video shot with a Sony Cybershot 1080p50 usually. The problem is that my new 14.0 will not show the FULL options screen in Advance Options, so I can't select "Render" which isn't showing. Take a look at the screen shots below:

Version 13.0:

http://8limbs.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/render-window.png

Version 14.0:

http://8limbs.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/render-window-14.png

As you can see from 13, that's the full Advanced Options Window. But my 14.0 Advanced Options window is cut off. It does not show the "Render" and "Cancel" buttons, so I cannot actively select the options I have highlighted. I can resize this options window, making it larger or smaller, but it always cuts off at the same point. I cannot scroll down within the window. There is no way to see the "Render" button.

I'm not sure if the faint green line around the window has anything to do with this.

I'm on a Dell Inspiron 3650, with 16 GB of RAM, Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 360 2GB DDR5, Windows 10. Everything out of the box this week. The Platinum 14.0 was a download purchase.

Any help getting this to work would be deeply appreciated.

best,
Kevin

Return to posts index

Derek Blume
Re: Movie Studio 14.0 Platinum Isn't Showing the Full Render Screen (Advanced Options) - So I can't Render - Windows 10
on Mar 5, 2017 at 1:09:33 pm

We are aware of this bug.

Currently if you hit Enter or Esc, that will excute the render or cancel the dialog respectively. We should have a fix for this in the next update.

Return to posts index

Kevin v Duuglas-Ittu
Re: Movie Studio 14.0 Platinum Isn't Showing the Full Render Screen (Advanced Options) - So I can't Render - Windows 10
on Mar 6, 2017 at 3:35:05 am

So awesome. Sorry I didn't think of that!

While I have such a knowledgeable person online, there shouldn't be a problem with my graphics card, right?

The system requirements read for AMD:

Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU and Catalyst driver 11.7 or later with a Radeon HD 57xx or higher GPU. If using a FirePro GPU, FirePro unified driver 8.85 or later is required.

No matter how much I Googled I couldn't find out enough about the Radeon series to know if my card was higher or not: AMD Radeon R9 360 2GB DDR5 << does that qualify?

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 6, 2017 at 4:24:55 am

Could be the display scaling (or dpi scaling) in Windows 10. Worth a shot to try to adjust that.

This can truncate windows within Vegas. Known problem.

Return to posts index

Derek Blume
on Mar 6, 2017 at 2:35:20 pm

That part of the application is not my area of expertise, but I believe that card should be fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]