FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to optimize video for youtube with vegas 14

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Miller
How to optimize video for youtube with vegas 14
on Mar 4, 2017 at 8:29:41 pm

Hey guys. I have a Cannon Vixia hf r600 and use Vegas 14 to edit. Can you tell me the best render settings
for youtube videos. Once I upload to youtube the quality isn't that great. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lee

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: How to optimize video for youtube with vegas 14
on Mar 4, 2017 at 10:48:25 pm

On the Camera shoot in:

MXP (1920 x 1080) or
NTSC 60p (1920 x 1080)

For Render Settings:

This will depend on if you are trying to capture 60P or not. If you are just doing 30P, you can use one of the Internet profiles that matches your project settings and the bit rate is somewhere around 16Mbs average. What you really do not want to do it overly constrain your bitrate on render such that motion artifacts are added. Get more upload bandwidth if you uploads are taking to long.

For 60P camera footage, you would want to upload with 2X the bitrate of 30P, so 16Mbs-32Mbs for video side. You may need to create/modify a profile to adjust for 60p and the higher bitrate.

If upload bandwidth is not a problem, you can alternatively upload a format like Prores, or XDCAM-EX. Youtube re-encodes your material to fit inside the bitrates they like to stream at, so provide them with enough extra bandwidth that they are not doubling up on your compression artifacts.

Youtube formats:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 5, 2017 at 3:11:22 am

Aaron THANK YOU! - That's a great LINK you provided. Providing a HIGHER bitrate than needed makes such sense.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Lee Miller
on Mar 5, 2017 at 5:31:42 pm

Thanks Aaron for your help! I'm playing around with the settings and trying what you said. Hopefully I'll be able to upload better quality videos to youtube.

Thanks again,
Lee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]