FORUMS: list search recent posts

dvd architect 6

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian langtry
dvd architect 6
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:38:24 pm

Hi,
I have a film which I load into Architect 6 and burn. The burn and render icons appear as normal. The render indicates 100% but at around 60% on the 'prepare' indicator a message appears "please insert chapter marker in title" etc and gives me marker positions' If I enter these positions in the boxes bottom right of the template a portion of the file on the timeline greys out. I have no idea what this means or how can I get the project to burn to disc - when checking the help file it refers to 'layers'. Again I have not had this happen previously in other projects.
If after the message "please insert etc" I click on cancel then it stops the whole process.
I did not knowingly create chapters in the film.
I would be very grateful for guidance as I'm utterly flummoxed and need to get the film onto DVD .
Thanks

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: dvd architect 6
on Mar 1, 2017 at 6:59:20 pm

Hi Brian,

Is it by any chance a double-layer DVD?

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

brian langtry
on Mar 2, 2017 at 9:47:40 am

Hi Laszlo,
That's a very interesting suggestion certainly one that I had not thought of! They are 8.4 Gb discs which I just bought and have not used before- would that indicate they are dual layer?
I'll sort out a standard dvd and see if that resolves the issue.
nice to speak with you and I so look forward to concluding this film/dvd which has indeed thrown up many issues. However I now have an mp2 which i can show via laptop to projector but as I always have used a dvd player into the projector for stability's sake. If I can get a dvd I can then go ahead and order some duplication.
Thanks for your reply.
brian langtry

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Mar 3, 2017 at 8:31:41 am

Hi Brian,

Yes, if the disc is 8.4 GB that's surely a dual-layer disc.
I make almost all the time single layer DVD's, once upon a time long-long ago the program was way too long to fit on a usual single-layer DVD, so then I had to create a dual-layer. I have some shaded memory about struggling similarly with layer break (switch) then.

I'll dig my archives if I still have that project, and return to you with the solution (if I find it).

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Mar 3, 2017 at 1:09:23 pm

Hi Brian,

That project is gone, but found a similar long video, and I believe I could reproduce your problem.

I guess you see something like this:

The point is to insert a chapter marker somewhere in the middle of that timeframe the message tells you.
Should look like this:

And after that the dialog will look like this:

Choose that marker for the layer-break and I think you'll be fine.
Just one sidenote: if you place the marker, make sure it's clean, not with an exclamationmark. This marker is in bad position (it has to be on a keyframe):

If you see that yellow mark, drag the marker, you'll see some blue triangles at the right position:

I hope I could help ☺

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]