FORUMS: list search recent posts

Basic Question

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mac McGinnis
Basic Question
on Mar 1, 2017 at 3:41:35 pm

I know I should already know this.....but

I have footage shot at 1080 60p. When I import the files do I set my project settings to match the media or let the project stay at 1080 30i? That seems to be the default. Correct? If I do match the settings to the media do I need to create a custom template for rendering?

End product will be uploaded to Vimeo.

Thanks

Sony Vegas Pro 13

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Basic Question
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:03:49 pm

In the project settings, there is "Match Media" button to help with setting the project correctly to your source media.

Another way is to drag and drop the 1st clip to the timeline in a new and clean project. Vegas will auto set the project settings to the media dropped on the time line.

If there is no render profile that matches (=) your project settings, you will have to modify one. Vimeo will appreciate sticking to video standard resolutions and frame rates. 1920x1080 @ 59.94 hz/FPS in your case if your media is actually 60p.

Research what Vimeos stream rates are for 60p material, and them provide them with 2X the bit rate on upload. That is more a rule of thumb. Let them throw away the extra data to optimize the re-encode of your material. Of course this assumes you shot at a bitrate that exceeds what they stream at.

If you need more help, post media info (its an app) on your source footage. The community will help more, with more info provided.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]