FORUMS: list search recent posts

SVP13 keeps crashing on importing ntsc dvd- must convert to pal and captioned

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Duffield
SVP13 keeps crashing on importing ntsc dvd- must convert to pal and captioned
on Mar 1, 2017 at 1:20:11 pm

I have an ntsc dvd.
I have permission from the copyright owner to copy for the purposes of adding captions for a Deaf student.
I am in Australia.
I can play the DVD in my Panasonic DVD recorder/player however it will not copy the DVD for me because it says it's a different tv system.
I cannot drop the .ifo file or .vob files into SVP13 because it hangs every time I try. handbrake also hangs.
I tried connecting another DVD player into my Panasonic 'in' so I could copy that way (which is the way I usually get past issues I don't understand) however it's old and it couldn't play the ntsc dVD at all.
I then used iskysoft to convert the DVD to pal because I thought this would make it easier to bring into SVP13.
However when I played it after converting the audio was out of sync.

So, basically, I have an ntsc dvd (actually I have a set of 10 of them!) which I need to put into a format which is very generic (it's going to a remote school - I'm not sure what their computer and/or tv facilities are like) and I need the captions to be burned in (open-captions) because experience has taught me that schools often have difficulty locating captions if I send them as a different file.

Can someone please tell me the best course of action considering I have 10 DVD's.
It could be a re-burned open-captioned version of the DVD,
or if it's way too time consuming I'll have to
send the original dvd's back and give them instructions on how to view via VLC and add captions.

However I'd prefer to have full control over the placement and colour of captions, this is another reason I like to burn in myself.

Thank you,

Return to posts index

Larry Brewer
Re: SVP13 keeps crashing on importing ntsc dvd- must convert to pal and captioned
on Mar 4, 2017 at 1:58:49 am

I use VOB2MPG to rip DVDs to MPG2 files.

The "non-pro" version is free and basically has the same features as the Pro version but runs slower.

Good luck with this!

http://www.svcd2dvd.com/VOB2MPG/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]