FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flat Peaks, but There's Still Audio

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kasia Skarzynski
Flat Peaks, but There's Still Audio
on Mar 1, 2017 at 2:12:41 am

Hi there, I've always ended up on CreativeCow whenever I looked up solutions to my Sony Vegas issues, so I made an account for this one because I can't find it anywhere.

I've loaded different tracks into Sony Vegas Pro 13 and everything sounds fine. However, certain tracks keep showing up with flat peaks. However, I can still hear them at a perfectly fine level. Listening to match up timing is doable, but it's much easier to match up using the peaks. They're just .wav files, so I don't think it's a codec issue.

Here's a screenshot:

If anybody can figure out what's happening, I'd much appreciate the help! Never had this problem before!

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Flat Peaks, but There's Still Audio
on Mar 1, 2017 at 5:34:05 am

Select the track with flat waveform .. try SHIFT+UP to enlarge the waveform - -- or SHIFT+DOWN to reduce it. This does not effect volume. Not sure this is the problem, but worth a try.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:46:05 pm

Hi,

For me it looks like the peak files (.sfk) are not built, or corrupted.
What if you press shift-F5 (view/rebuild audio peaks)?

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Kasia Skarzynski
on Mar 1, 2017 at 5:45:03 pm

It seems neither of these worked. I even tried normalizing the tracks to see if the peaks showed, but they stayed flat and were completely blown out. They're both reaching proper levels around -9 to -12dB. I was looking for a 'rebuild peaks' option, and I was so excited to see that response, but that just rebuilt a flat peak line. I've also removed the tracks from the project, restarted the project, and brought them back into my project media and it's the same issue. This is odd, I'm not sure what to do.

Tomāto, tomăto.

Return to posts index

Kasia Skarzynski
on Mar 1, 2017 at 5:47:51 pm

I won't question it, but as I wrote the last response, the peaks somehow showed up. I guess the rebuild must have lagged. Thanks so much for your help. I'm assuming the rebuild is what fixed it, I appreciate your responses so much! :)

--
Tomāto, tomăto.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]