FORUMS: list search recent posts

simulate multi-cam in the basic version?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sergei Sokolov
simulate multi-cam in the basic version?
on Feb 28, 2017 at 11:56:17 pm

Can you give me the basics of how to simulate multi-cam in the basic version?
I add my two video files to the workspace. Then I drag both to the timeline below.
But now I have 2 audio tracks. How can I delete one of them? (One is much better, and it will be the entire soundtrack)
Please tell me exactly what to click and press.

Do I then turn off AutoRipple? I can use split to delete and create a gap, correct?
When the upper video has a gap, the lower video will be shown, right?
After I cut the gaps in the top video, I can then just render the new video?

Return to posts index

Sergei Sokolov
Re: simulate multi-cam in the basic version?
on Mar 1, 2017 at 12:09:35 am

Also, what's the easiest way to SYNCH up the 2 tracks?

They are filmed of the same event, but one starts a few seconds after the other.

I need to stagger them, so they are on exactly the same time in the timeline.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:17:54 am

Sergei, what is the Version you are using?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 1, 2017 at 5:27:26 am

Sergei revealed in a previous post this he is using the basic version of Movie Studio 13.

>> .. what's the easiest way to SYNCH up the 2 tracks?

Here's what I think.

Find a clear sync point on the first track -- a loud noise or sharp noise (like a door slamming - a downbeat of a song starting - a dog barking) -- The waveform of the audio will generally show where the sound starts clear .. This is why they used "Clap slates" in movie productions (still do actually). The CLAP gives you something to sync on matching sound and picture.

Now find the same point in the second audio track. Align the two audio tracks and their video one on top of the other at this exact point. You can do this with the use of markers or by spliting the even at that point. This should get you close. Then adjust frame by frame until the tracks sync to your liking.

But this is somewhat advanced work. It will teach you a lot if you have the patience to learn the concepts involved. Learning which keys to press by rote is not going to get you far. You need to understand things to progress.

Once both tracks are aligned and in sync, you could delete one of the audio tracks -- but I generally just mute the track in case at some point that track proves useful. Editing from there is not easy either -- It's very easy to throw this type of edit out of sync along the way. There are numerous methods to keep things synced up --- but again, doing an edit this way will teach you a lot. It should be worth the effort.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:13:15 pm

"Do I then turn off AutoRipple?" Always work with this off, and CNTL+L only when you need that edit. Make sure to set auto ripple to All Tracks, that tends to be the edit most are looking for.

Basic 2 camera:

Sync the footage on multiple video tracks, using one of the methods outline above.

When editing the material, switch cameras by right clicking on the top video track clip >switches >mute. To switch back, you just un-mute the top video clip. Having a blank top video track allows you to position the cursor better and get a cut across all the video and audio tracks. No need to delete the muted sections. This will work with multiple camera angles by muting clips layers down to the camera you need.

Return to posts index

Sergei Sokolov
on Mar 3, 2017 at 12:28:30 am

How do I synch up audio tracks? Exactly what do I press?
Are you saying I just drag them with mouse and then play both at same time and listen for perfect synch CRASH sound?
No echo or delay reverb since they are synched?

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 3, 2017 at 1:19:24 am

Yes. Find the same "sync" point on each track (some sharp, clear sound) and then align the tracks so that they play in perfect sync -- no echo or reverb.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Mar 3, 2017 at 9:01:29 am

A good syncing point can be also, when someone used a flashlight (took a photo). If you got it on the footages from all cameras, this can be an excellent syncing point.
If there's no such thing, you can sync only based on the audio.
To be honest, I mostly sync by audio - pan one audio to the left completely, the other to the right completely.
I adjust then the position of one of the footages unti I hear the least possible echo. This method works also if there's no sudden sound (claps, etc), just overall smooth audio.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]