FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 14 and Generic Control Surface MIDI Learn issues

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Bajon
Vegas Pro 14 and Generic Control Surface MIDI Learn issues
on Feb 28, 2017 at 11:50:42 pm

Hello everyone! This is my first post in this Forum. Just joined this Forum 2 minutes ago. Got a problem with MIDI Learn feature of Vegas Pro 14 "External Control & Automation" part of the "Options". Trying to assign a Generic Control Surface using MIDI Learn feature of this part of the Vegas setup. I am especially focused on programing the Transport Control buttons of my MIDI controller to trigger the playback of the Vegas' project.

When you choose a Generic Control Surface option you can apply appropriate MIDI messages to particular functions of the Vegas software. You do this through the MIDI "Learn" option that Vegas gives you. And here is my problem. I have assigned the "Play" button (of my MIDI controller) to initiate the playback of Vegas project. When I tried to assign the "Stop" button (of my MIDI controller) to initiate the stop of a playback Vegas does not record this as a function of the Generic Control Surface setup I am working on. What's interesting is the fact that after attempting of applying all these changes to the Vegas project options when I push the "Play" button on my MIDI controller nothing happens in Vegas. No playback what so ever. But when I push the "Stop" button on my MIDI controller the Vegas project starts the playback. It's like everything is backwards. "Play" stops the playback, and "Stop" initiates the playback. That is really weird. Not sure how to deal with this.

One more thing. This is about "Trigger from MIDI Timecode" feature of Vegas. I am sending the MIDI Timecode from another computer via MIDI interface to trigger the playback of Vegas project. After initiating the playback on the external computer, the Vegas' Time clock is running in perfect synchronization with the external computer's clock, but the Playhead of Vegas is not moving and is locked at 00:00:00. Has anybody experienced this problem where the MIDI Timecode enters Vegas' project and the playback is not happening?

I know, it's quite a bit to chew, but never the less I was wondering if someone in this forum had similar challenges with Vegas and somehow solve these problems. Many thanks in advance for your help. Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]