Constant bitrate problem

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sandra Marszałek
Constant bitrate problem
on Feb 28, 2017 at 2:22:41 pm
Last Edited By Sandra Marszałek on Feb 28, 2017 at 2:26:47 pm

Hi everyone.

I need to render .mp4 file with constant bit rate 36 000 000.
The only output that I can use is MainConcept AVC/AAC but for built-in constant bit rate there is no value like that.

Can I just set the variable bit rate (max and min) both to 36 000 000 and it will be the same?
It still says in media info that it's variable so I'm afraid they will return the movie to correct it :/
Is there any other way to make it work with constant bit rate at 36 000 000 and .mp4 as a final clip?

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Constant bitrate problem
on Feb 28, 2017 at 5:23:26 pm

Hi Sandra,

Is .mp4 file, constant, bit rate 36,000,000, the minimum or does it have to be exact. If constant/36,000,000 is the minimum you could submit constant at 50,000,000. Just a thought!

Best Regards.......George

Return to posts index

Sandra Marszałek
on Feb 28, 2017 at 7:09:53 pm

It needs to be exactly 36 000 000 :/:(

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Feb 28, 2017 at 8:10:06 pm

Hi,

I'd try the setup as you mentioned avg-max-bitrate set to the same. If they accept it, that's nice.
While they are evaluating, I'd keep looking for an external encoder (handbrake maybe?) which can encode to CBR.
I loked at ffmpeg (my all time converter), because my first thought was to render to a losless avi from vegas and feed ffmpeg with it to output CBR h.264. But ffmpeg doesn't have CBR either. Well, it's possible to set it to use the same bitrate for min-max-avg, but it's just the same hack as in Vegas ☹
Regarding handbrake I don't have any experience with it, just read about it here on the forum. Wayne Waag posted about how to use it with Vegas.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Sandra Marszałek
on Feb 28, 2017 at 11:59:56 pm

I downloaded the handbrake and tried to render with const bit rate but I am doing something wrong or it doesn't seem to work fine.
I set const quality with 0 (lossless) and my footage is 25 bit rate. And the final clip is 20 bit rate 0.o how can that be?
When I check it with media info it says that the bit rate is variable.
At the second time I set the bit rate to variable 36 000 000 and at the first time I got 21 bit rate as a final result, and at the second time (same settings) 26 again ;/
I don't get that at all. I've read few sites and watched bunch of videos about this program and I can't find the solution ;/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]