FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you do this with Vegas 13?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dwayne Hofstetter
How do you do this with Vegas 13?
on Feb 28, 2017 at 2:16:55 pm

I am attempting an intro to my latest dive vid and was trying to do this:

At 3:46 into the video he is trying to add a lens flare, but wants a black background beneath it. I know what he is trying to do, I just do not have the button he clicks to allow the black background to allow the lens flare on top of it. Does anyone know how to do this with Vegas 13? I've tried a bunch of things but all I get is the black background, it won't allow the "add" he does to the "add to the composition mode". All I have on that button is Multiply (Mask) or Source Alpha, neither seem to do what he is doing in this video.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: How do you do this with Vegas 13?
on Feb 28, 2017 at 4:23:44 pm

>> I just do not have the button he clicks to allow the black background to allow the lens flare on top of it.

Can you give us a screen grab of what you are describing? You seem to be saying that the "compositing" button is missing on your top video track, the one with the solid black generated media. That's seems very odd.

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Feb 28, 2017 at 6:42:24 pm
Last Edited By Aleksey Tarasov on Feb 28, 2017 at 6:43:29 pm

Compositing modes are only available in VEGAS PRO. I guess you have Movie Studio version.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 28, 2017 at 10:04:17 pm

Sounds you are using Movie Studio and that's a Vegas Pro tutorial. You are correct. You don't have those compositing modes so you can't do what he is doing.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Dwayne Hofstetter
on Mar 1, 2017 at 12:16:32 pm

Ouch... I thought I had the best version out. Thank you for the replies, I am a new forum user so I couldn't reply right away. I sent an email and was allowed. I had a flare working, just not with that black background.

Hopefully this answer's your question too, Paul. In the video he puts a black background down, clicks a button on the left side of the track, which highlighted as Composite Mode and then adds a lens flare on top of it. The button I have, in the exact same place, appears similar but I do not have the many choices he has and subsequently the black background does not go beneath the lens flare. It makes sense that I have a different edition - I simply thought he was using a older version of Vegas.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]