FORUMS: list search recent posts

Invalid Device specified, error while saving files, record device does not support the current input format

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff David
Invalid Device specified, error while saving files, record device does not support the current input format
on Feb 27, 2017 at 11:56:12 pm
Last Edited By Jeff David on Feb 28, 2017 at 2:24:13 am

I hope I am in the right forum. I know Sony sold off to Magix. This is a question on Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum.

I got the following message:

I got the message when adding the footage to my project media section

I shot a lot of video footage w my canon vixia hv 40 set to:

HDV PF30

I have been editing the footage in Sony Movie Studio with the NEW PROJECT settings set to:

HDV
1440x1080-60i

Is that the right setting?

My older camcorder broke so I bought a used one - same canon vixia hv40 model.

I shot footage today and captured it into my computer but got the above error message.

When I checked the settings on my camcorder today - the newer camcorder - it looked like I mistakenly set it to HDV - just plain HDV vs HDVPF30

Is that is what is causing the error message?

The footage and sound all worked well and there did not seem to be any problem. ??

When I spoke to the Canon rep., he said that if I have my camcorder set to

HDV PF 30

the setting for the project should be

1440 x 1080 pf 30 or 30i

However, those options do not appear in the window for the "project choices".

Of course, I am referring to when you start a new project i.e. PROJECT, NEW and you get the pop up box - there is no 1440 x 1080 pf 30 or 30 i options available/listed.

I seem to remember once being told that HDV PF 30 records at twice the frame rate so that the 1440 x 1080 60i is the right selection for HDV PF 30?

I tried reaching mgix to ask them but they are closed. I"ll see what they say tomorrow.

Am I correct to think that the Canon rep simply did not now the 1440 x 1080 60 i IS the correct setting?

He was so knowledgeable on other matters so until just now, I didn't think he could be wrong.

Lenovo quad core i7 16gb of ram, Windows 8.1 MS 13 64 bit Thumbnail is view out of the Olde North Church window where the signal lanterns were hung, as in, "1 if by land 2 if by sea" looking across the Charles River to the Charlestown Naval Yard where rebels awaited the signal April 18th, 1775.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]