FORUMS: list search recent posts

Major issues with Vegas 14 no matter what I do pc game footage is always pixely grainy and broken up

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blake Anderson
Major issues with Vegas 14 no matter what I do pc game footage is always pixely grainy and broken up
on Feb 22, 2017 at 6:05:40 pm

So I have been using Sony Vegas 14 for about a month and it is probably one of the most frustrating and stressful experience with a program I have ever experienced. Every time I try to render a pc gameplay video no matter what I do no matter what settings are changed It almost always comes out grainy and pixely. LIke it goes gou of being pixely and then another milosecond later it is piexely again rinse and reapeat Strange becuase no issues for elagato gameplay seems to only be pc gameplay. I have tried everything I can think of turning off resample turning off gpu acceleration my specific render settings are, Frame size HD 1080 (1920x1080) framerate 60,000000 pixel aspect ratio 1000 number of refereance frames variable bit rate max 40,000,000, average bit rate 30,000,000 render using cpu only these settings are about the only luck I have had rendering that's the thing though without changing any settings sometimes on a very rare occasion it renders out looking fine but 85% it is rendered out grainy glitch and pixely I have been searching for a solution's for a month and have not found anything to fix this please please please please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont understand why the video seems broken up I enabled two pass I disabled it no difference. Tried disabling gpu acceleration and still does this

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Major issues with Vegas 14 no matter what I do pc game footage is always pixely grainy and broken up
on Feb 22, 2017 at 6:20:43 pm

Here's a good work up on rendering.

Return to posts index

Blake Anderson
Re: Major issues with Vegas 14 no matter what I do pc game footage is always pixely grainy and broken up
on Feb 22, 2017 at 6:35:39 pm

I don't understand work up?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Feb 22, 2017 at 6:47:26 pm

[Blake Anderson] "I don't understand work up?"
An analytical approach in discovering what issues are present in a system. This could be clinical work up to establish the reasons why a person is feeling unwell. Here, it is meant to reveal what issues that could be apparent with regard to your experience of footage being grainy.

Read the link.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Feb 23, 2017 at 1:46:44 am

Blake,

You probably just need to find a work flow that actually works. I would suspect the Elgato device and capture video format 1st, and Vegas next. More than likely the video format is not standard from the capture device. Vegas is a very ridged video editor that expects "Video Industry Standards." There are plenty of cheap video capture devices that are writing their files in non standard frame rates.

I would look into a few of the following:

Post your system specs so the community can help you.

Post the "Media info" on your capture video format.

Try another capture application like XSpilt broadcaster, this software records in a constant frame rate. Mirillis Action is another good app to try. You can do trials of both. Then test footage that comes from the both apps to see if you problem still exists.

Try a default setting at a lower bit rate on the elgato, and also look for constant frame rate settings.

Try capturing at a lower frame rate like 29.97, or 30 FPS, and see if this plays back better.

There are other things to try, but I would post the information 1st.

Return to posts index

Blake Anderson
on Feb 23, 2017 at 1:58:25 am

Ok my specs are gtx 1070 and i7 6700 elgato footage is not the issue it is the pc gameplay with vegas that is the issue. Elgato fottage with elgato looks fine. It is just when I want to drop like shadowplay or obs footage into Vegas where I have issues I have tried all this stuff lowering bitrate resoloutions but the video is still being broken up. I am out of ideas I tried changing bitrate on nvidia share settings still the video in vegas after render is broken up It is even like that in preview mode.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Feb 23, 2017 at 3:37:13 am

>>Ok my specs are gtx 1070 and i7 6700

These are you computer specs, not your "media info".

So what is "media info"

Read this link: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-how-to-post-mediainfo-a...

Return to posts index

Blake Anderson
on Feb 23, 2017 at 4:05:03 am

Ok I have medical info like the specs of a video there is gta v gameplay I have the specs are overall bitrate 47.6 first video stream 47.6 mb/s 1920*1080 (16:9) at 59.940 fps AVC (PAL) (High@L4.2) (Cabal / 1 RefFrames is that what you mean thank you guys for your time sorry if I seem a little tense it's just I have been trying to solve this issue for over a month

Return to posts index

Blake Anderson
on Feb 23, 2017 at 4:48:51 am

Media info sorry not medical :)

Return to posts index

Blake Anderson
on Feb 23, 2017 at 4:50:25 am

Wait every lcd gameplay vid in media info says avc even though the file is mp4 but every elevator gameplay vid does not say vac could that be the issue

Return to posts index

Blake Anderson
on Feb 23, 2017 at 5:01:29 am

Elgato not elevator 😕 sorry I'm embarrassed 😳

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Feb 23, 2017 at 5:08:21 am

I have no idea what your last comment means, but it is starting to look/appear like your bit-rate is way high for the purposes of Vegas profile/settings or your rig to accommodate your selection of bit rate versus the hardware you've got available. Ultimately your setup id tearing apart the Video trying to Preview it - that's my take!

Tell me, why are you using 47mbs as a bit-rate? Do skim/scan through this link and read the bit-rates for and why:

http://www.tutorialguidacomefare.com/test-video-quality-720p-1080p-1440p-21...

What are your Vegas Pro settings?

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Feb 23, 2017 at 5:59:27 am

I know nothing about Elgato and very little about PAL, but if you are using a PAL recording device, then why would the frame rate be 59.94? I thought 59.94 was NTSC. Isn't PAL 50fps?

Grazie has a good point too about the bit rate.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Feb 23, 2017 at 7:41:30 am

"drop like shadowplay or obs footage " Yes. that is why you need to try xsplit, because it records with a fixed frame rate. The others like OBS record in a variable frame rate that Vegas displays as corrupt video. Variable frame rate is a neat way to compress video, but an NLE like vegas requires a constant frame rate. Professional video editing requires close tolerance with frame timing. Poorly coded or cheap video hardware will drift. That is why good video hardware is expensive.

You also do not know what your "media info" is. Switch the media info app to text mode and paste what is shown.

You need to stop blaming Vegas, you are just displaying your ignorance about video editing. Vegas has been around for 16 years, software does not make it that long without being to edit video properly. You need to figure out what you are doing wrong in your workflow.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Feb 23, 2017 at 7:57:56 am

[Aaron Star] " Vegas has been around for 16 years, software does not make it that long without being to edit video properly. You need to figure out what you are doing wrong in your workflow."
Agreed!

Blake, I don't know your background with regard to Film/Video making, but those that have responded, who've made a DVD will often not go above 8mb/s. VEGAS and its support s/w is happy with this. Pickup the pace, to Blue Ray and Vegas will not flinch. You're dealing with 7x the bitrates of a quality DVD. Why?

BTW, do you know what a bit-rate refers to? - We are here to help.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Feb 23, 2017 at 7:47:12 am

Hi Paul,

PAL is 25 fps which can be 50i. 50p is double PAL 😉
To the OP:
Can you post a screenshot of your render settings?
Do you have by any chance "use deblocking filter" enabled?
(I suspect, this is a common mistake of game-players that they think this helps achieve better quality render even at an insane high bitrate...)

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Blake Anderson
on Feb 24, 2017 at 12:12:15 am

Thank you I got xspiit overlay and given its the free version it said is had to record in watermark in 720p, So the quality in vegas was a little grainy and pixely A bit but the video wasnt broken up so this is big!!!!!!!!!! is there a way to remover the overlay that says xplit in the bottm right in every vid or do I need to buy the full version and how come obs and nvidia share was hainv g such big issues with vegas when xsplit though the quality on the native video isnt as good plays in vegas just fine? and is there a way to make nvidia share or obs to match settings of xsplit or is that not possible because tons of YouTubers use nvidia share and obs and edit it in vegas. Thank you guys though!!!!

Return to posts index

Blake Anderson
on Feb 24, 2017 at 12:13:32 am

osrry record in 1080p on water mark not 720p :)

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Feb 24, 2017 at 3:39:55 am

In OBS, you can try these settings for recording footage to be edited in Vegas. This is not a streaming live profile.

AVC 1080 at 30P gives a good image 22Mbs, so for 60P you just double it.

pay attention to the advanced tab "custom x264 settings" and enter:

-r 60/1 --8x8dct

This will make the encoder stick to a 60P format which will edit better in Vegas. The file will still show as variable, but if you check the frame rate with ffprobe, you should see:

r_frame_rate=60/1
avg_frame_rate=60/1

Disable resample on the clips on the time line. Drag and drop the 1st clip to a new project time line to set the project settings.

See the attached photo for settings.

When encoding to MP4 use MC encoder with these settings:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]