FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best version to buy: Sony Vegas 13 or 14?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julie Crosby
Best version to buy: Sony Vegas 13 or 14?
on Feb 22, 2017 at 7:43:10 am

I was thinking of buying a good video editor, and sony vegas pro got my attention. I looked on Amazon and version 14 got negative reviews and 13 got more positive reviews. Is 13 a better choice and why?

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Best version to buy: Sony Vegas 13 or 14?
on Feb 22, 2017 at 4:24:02 pm

I vote for Vegas Pro 14. It's the best and most stable version yet for my money. The biggest difference with VP13 is that there may still be some third party plugins that work better with VP13. Is this for work or personal use? If for personal use you might want to start with a version of Vegas Movie Studio.

Return to posts index

Julie Crosby
on Feb 23, 2017 at 2:58:35 am

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I just want to use it for personal video editing to put on youtube. I'm curently using the free windows version (cringe). For vegas movie studio 14, whats the difference between the regular, platinum and suite? (besides the price)

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Feb 23, 2017 at 3:25:42 am

Compare the products here:

http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/sem/vegas-movie-studio/vegas-movie-...

If your moving from a Free editor, and you don't need to make DVD's, then I'd say the basic Movie Studio will get you going and teach you the basics of Vegas. Lots to learn. You could upgrade from there. IF money is not that important, then there are some useful features I notice in Platinum like stabilization, media explorer window ..

Maybe there are others here that are more familiar with why Platinum is worth the extra bucks!

Return to posts index

Sergei Sokolov
on Feb 25, 2017 at 10:48:27 pm

I just bought v13 for $25 online download.
For that price, I thought I'd make the switch!
If I need more, I will upgrade, and treat the $25 as training.
Seriously, at that price, it's worth testing out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]