FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copying Preview Playback Rate of x1.5 in a video

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Leger
Copying Preview Playback Rate of x1.5 in a video
on Feb 16, 2017 at 5:13:19 pm

Hi everyone!

New to the forum here. Quick question for all you Vegas experts out there. I'm having a hard time getting a straight answer to this because it's difficult to find the right keywords to search with in google. It's also kind of difficult to explain but I'll try my best.

Is there a way to reproduce what I'm seeing on the playback preview, as far as the playback rate goes? I'm familiar with how to slow down and speed up clips and also adjust audio pitch with plugins, but I can't seem to replicate the same audio/visual effect as the preview. Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is recreating the same exact video, audio and playback speed (x1.5) as when I adjust the preview playback rate. Hopefully that makes sense.

If anyone has any idea, I would love to hear them and I would be happy to try and explain further if that was unclear.

Thanks!

Matt

"I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours." -Hunter S. Thompson

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Copying Preview Playback Rate of x1.5 in a video
on Feb 16, 2017 at 6:55:02 pm

Hi,

It's as easy as set the playback rate to 1,5.
Right click the event, and in the properties window you'll see the playback rate.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Matt Leger
on Feb 18, 2017 at 2:35:34 am

Thank you very much for the reply, László! That did the trick for the video track but unfortunately the audio track did not pitch shift like it does with the preview. I tried increasing the pitch with the plugin after trying you suggestion but I ran into duration/echo/flange issues. If I can get the audio to line up with the video, like the preview seems to do so easily, that would solve my problem.

"I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours." -Hunter S. Thompson

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Feb 18, 2017 at 4:22:46 pm

You can Stretch/Compress video and audio at the same time by using CTRL-Drag.

To change the duration of an event without changing its contents, use the Time Stretch/Compress tool or hold Ctrl while dragging the right or left edge of an event. The mouse pointer is displayed as a . You can use the Time stretch/pitch shift controls in the Event Properties dialog to specify whether the pitch of an audio event will be preserved while stretching.

Return to posts index

Matt Leger
on Feb 19, 2017 at 8:38:49 pm

Thank you so much, Paul

The "Pitch change: Lock to stretch" checkbox in the audio event properties did the trick for me. From what I can tell, this is recreating the exact effect of the x1.5 preview rate.

Many thanks again for your suggestion!

Cheers,

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]