FORUMS: list search recent posts

There is a way to stretch the footage?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gustavo Ribeiro
There is a way to stretch the footage?
on Feb 13, 2017 at 4:38:26 pm

I want to stretch the footage like the transform tool of Photoshop. No the crop/pan tool or the "maintain aspect ratio" check box inside it.

I have a 3k video and I need to stretch it down while zoom in to achieve a dolly zoom effect.

Return to posts index

David Eon
Re: There is a way to stretch the footage?
on Feb 20, 2017 at 3:37:27 pm

The track motion button (white and blue rectangles on left side of track) may be what you are looking for or you can use the 3D manipulation options to create the effect you are looking for on multiple tracks.

HOW: Insert a video track ABOVE the one that you want to zoom/dolly on. Then click the MAKE COMPOSITING CHILD button ON the track you want to zoom/dolly on. Then click on the PARENT TRACK alpha settings and switch to 3D source alpha (the parent track alpha button is a green button to the far left of the track). *Note that the green button is identical to the track alpha button but the parent track alpha will control the track below as well. Then click on the PARENT track pan button above the PARENT track alpha button. You can use the 3D track tools to manipulate the video on the child track (the one you want to dolly/zooom on). *Note you can add multiple tracks as compositing child to the parent to create 3D effects for all sorts of applications.

It can be confusing to start because the parent buttons and track buttons are the same, but once you understand how the parent/child track relationship works it is very useful. Credit Josh Sauder of Pinnacle Productions for his research and training on this method.

Please let me know if that helps and if you have any questions. God Bless.
DavidEon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]