FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 14 crashes immediately with GPU turned on

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Davis
Vegas Pro 14 crashes immediately with GPU turned on
on Feb 13, 2017 at 3:54:13 pm

Are others have similar experience? I am running nVidia Quadro 4000 with the most up to date driver. This video card has 2gb of onboard RAM.
I am running Windows 10 along with Vegas Pro 14 build 211.
Within seconds of playing back the timeline with the GPU assist enabled I get this error.

I turn off the GPU and it plays back without crashing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Erik

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Vegas Pro 14 crashes immediately with GPU turned on
on Feb 14, 2017 at 2:21:07 am

Just uninstall the NV software, and replace the card with an RX480. The 480 is only about 200.00 and will be 50X faster than that archaic Quadro card. The VP11 minimum standard for GPU was an HD5770 at about 1300 GFLOPs, and the quadro 4000 is only 400 GFLOPS. The RX480 is around 5800 GFLOPs, and is known to work exceptionally well with Vegas.

If you need to run that old card, just disable the GPU acceleration in preferences.

Return to posts index

Erik Davis
on Feb 14, 2017 at 2:46:46 pm

Aaron,
Appreciate your thoughts. I knew my card was old but I didn't realize it was a piece of crap. I had reasoned that if nVidia was still updating the driver for the card that it must be of some value. I have priced a RX480 card here and am considering making the purchase. Not that geeky and wanted to make sure I am not running into some sort of slot problem in the computer. A single PCI Express slot is all that is required right? Wonder if I would need to upgrade the power supply also. Again, many thanks for your input.

Erik

Return to posts index

Erik Davis
on Feb 19, 2017 at 3:28:52 pm

Hi Aaron,

Well, I did it. I bought the AMD rx480 card and installed it. VegasPro14 no longer crashes so it is happier. The playback is better than before but certainly not anywhere near as good as the performance I get in Premiere Pro with the Mercury Engine software. Sure wish I could edit in Premiere Pro the way I do in Vegas but each time I try, I come crawling back to Vegas. It would be perfect if I could get the playback quality of Premiere with the editing capabilities of Vegas!!

The only knock I have against the RX480 is sometimes the fan gets really loud. Like both fans are running at 100%. The only solution to stop this is to reboot the computer. This tells me there is a bug of some sorts but not sure how is easy it will be to solve.

Erik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]