Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 - 5.1 PCM channel recognition

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Hřebík
Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 - 5.1 PCM channel recognition
on Feb 10, 2017 at 11:49:59 pm
Last Edited By Martin Hřebík on Feb 11, 2017 at 12:31:40 am

Hello,

I have Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 and I need to synchronize some audio that is in 5.1, so I demuxed it from the original video file into uncompressed PCM format and when I put that into sony vegas, it creates 6 single audio clips. I did set the 5.1 Surround setting in properties of course. But now the surround pan is all centered. So will it sound right whne I play it in 5.1 ? Like the sound will be louder in speakers that is is supposed to be louder? Or do I have to move the orange dots to their corrseponding places?

Now its like this:

But how to recognize which clip is for which channel?

I read this: 5.1-channel audio from DVD camcorders will be downmixed to stereo when importing into a stereo project. When importing into a 5.1 surround project, audio will be added to separate tracks for the center, front, rear, and LFE channels.

So does that mean, that the first clip (the upper one) is center, than those other two are front left/right and the other two rear left/right and the last one if LFE?

MediaInfo says this:

Audio
Formát : PCM
Format_Settings_Endianness : Little
Format_Settings_Sign : Signed
CodecID : 1
Duration/String : 1 h 38 min
Bit rate : 4 608 kb/s
Kanál(y) : 6 kanály
Sampling rate : 48,0 kHz
BitDepth/String : 16 bits
StreamSize/String : 3,18 GiB (100%)

Thank you.

EDIT
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I found some software, that will extract it and keeps the channel.

Aiseesoft HD Video Converter

Import video file - choose audio track - Profile - General Audio - Wav - Settings (next to profile) - Choose 5.1 Channel - Convert.
It Extract in Lossless quality.

Ehm... but... you cna only extract 5 minutes of it or half of your video length, if your video is shorter than 5 minutes.
You need full version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]