FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 14 isn't rendering all of my video tracks

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Parks
Vegas 14 isn't rendering all of my video tracks
on Feb 10, 2017 at 8:35:26 pm

Hey Cow friends,

I'm probably doing something stupid, but couldn't figure it out. I have about an hour of footage that's broken into small chunks. Each has four video tracks and one audio. For some reason the renders are dropping video tracks and sometimes even the audio streams! But it's different each time. There's a lot of info for my machine to chew on in those segments, but I've never had renders with missing angles/black screens before. And sometimes after this happens I can place the cursor over a "missing" piece of footage and it won't show up! So I close and reopen Vegas and there it is.

Any ideas? I've restarted, I've reinstalled. Machine is HP Pavillion dv7, i7, 16GB RAM, running Windows 10.

And I made sure nothing was muted. Thanks! JP

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
John W. Parks IV, D.M.A.
Professor of Percussion
The Florida State University

http://www.johnparkspercussion.com

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Vegas 14 isn't rendering all of my video tracks
on Feb 10, 2017 at 8:44:16 pm

Settings: Project; Content; Render Profile; Full Screen grab of the whole Timeline.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

John Parks
on Feb 11, 2017 at 2:57:36 am

I figured it out. Graham you're going to scratch your head and say "idiot."

This project is massive--I have both a ton of source material on my own hard drive, plus about 400GB of video files on an external. The issue was with the external drive--sometimes during renders it would just "poop" out. So I moved as much stuff as I could off of my computer hard drive and watched all of the renders, checking them after they completed. About 90% came out OK, the other ten I just closed Vegas and unplugged the drive, then hooked everything back up and opened the session file. Seemed to work like a charm.

Lesson? Have everything on your computer hard drive. The bottleneck of USB was the culprit, and I feel stupid for having posted.

But the videos look amazing! JP

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
John W. Parks IV, D.M.A.
Professor of Percussion
The Florida State University

http://www.johnparkspercussion.com

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Feb 11, 2017 at 6:29:32 am

[John Parks] "Graham you're going to scratch your head and say "idiot.""
Sorry, John, I won't say that. However, I will say well done in figuring it out yourself. Often it helps me to have another pair of eyes to scrutinise what I've done - many of the reasons why I come here and learn too.

There once was a time I'd depend on external drives to supply my Media, but they were FireWire.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]