FORUMS: list search recent posts

New fonts won't appear on "Titles & Text" list. They only appear on "(Legacy) Text".

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lord Porongus
New fonts won't appear on "Titles & Text" list. They only appear on "(Legacy) Text".
on Feb 9, 2017 at 5:31:49 pm

Thing is I need to outline some text and sadly "Legacy Text" has some feather effect applied which I don't like. I need a strong stroke to outline that only "Regular Text" has. But the problem is that the fonts I've downloaded won't appear on the list. But they do appear on the "Legacy Text" list. How do I make them appear on the list? Or how can I outline the "Legacy" text the same way like the "Regular" one?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: New fonts won't appear on "Titles & Text" list. They only appear on "(Legacy) Text".
on Feb 9, 2017 at 10:45:07 pm

[Lord Porongus] "Thing is I need to outline some text and sadly "Legacy Text" has some feather effect applied which I don't like. "
Remove the Feather under the Controls? I'm assuming you've tried it?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Lord Porongus
Re: New fonts won't appear on "Titles & Text" list. They only appear on "(Legacy) Text".
on Feb 10, 2017 at 12:55:20 am

Yes. But that doesn't work as intended.

This is how Regular Text outline works

And this is how Legacy Text outline works, even sliding the "featherness" to 0.

Return to posts index

Amanda Duffield
on Feb 10, 2017 at 5:00:10 am

Aha! I have been having a similar issue, am following progress.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Feb 10, 2017 at 7:36:48 am

Yes, hair-pulling indeed.

OK, 3 options:

1/- Try the ProType Titler that comes with VP and see IF your Text-Font appears in that. I hate PTT!

2/- Create your Type Plate in a Graphics package and save with ALPHA channel, like PNG and import back to VP.

3/- If you ARE going to invest money and time into your NLE activity then consider an alternative to the VP Text options and buy-in a 3rd Party. I use NewBlue Titler Pro which has a MASS of extra features:

NewBlue Titler Pro5: I did this within a SINGLE Text Block to demonstrate some rather extravagant OUTLINE/STROKE variations.

I have spent much, much time reporting AWOL Fonts to - then - SONY including Videos and lists of the AWOL Fonts. You too, in my opinion, are now witness to the urgency they've spent on it.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Lord Porongus
on Feb 11, 2017 at 2:17:44 am

Thanks a lot for you help! I'll definitely try this as soon as possible. I will let you know how I did.

Return to posts index

Lord Porongus
on Feb 12, 2017 at 8:49:49 pm

Sorry for the long time I took. Just want to let you know that your advice was a great workaround! I'm still getting used to the new tools that ProType has but it was just what I needed. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Feb 14, 2017 at 1:26:01 pm

Porongus, Titles & Text has had a long standing bug bothering it, and its still not yet been corrected.
And because of that, i personally don't use it, i simply use the "Legacy Text".

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Feb 14, 2017 at 1:33:27 pm
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Feb 14, 2017 at 1:35:39 pm

[Steve Rhoden] "And because of that, i personally don't use it, i simply use the "Legacy Text"."
Steve, he'd tried Legacy and that didn't work with his Font for Outline and gave an added feather. So I posted him the alternatives.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Feb 14, 2017 at 2:47:50 pm

Vegas supports PNG with alpha and photoshop files.

Photoshop is great for titles.

PNG is great for image sequence when you want to animate your text.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]