FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect 7 - compatibility issue?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Smiley
DVD Architect 7 - compatibility issue?
on Feb 9, 2017 at 3:11:45 am

I have a simple Standard-def. DVD with non-animated menu and with 4 chapter buttons that launch to 4 separate avi files.

It plays seamlessly from one 'chapter' to the next on various player and TV setups. But, when playing on a Sony BDP-S3500 bluray player it has the top of picture pull-down shadow between chapters. This shadow is an annoying thing that this Sony player shows for a few seconds when you first start a movie - but not between chapters. This doesn't happen on other DVDs made with other (Mac) programs. Is there some rule or setting I overlooked?

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: DVD Architect 7 - compatibility issue?
on Feb 9, 2017 at 6:46:38 am

Hi,
I cannot really imagine what you described, but aren't those rather 4 titles (not chapters)?

If they are, leave at least one second blank at the end/start when you render those files.
With my very first DVDs years ago I had the problem, that the first (starting) frames were just skipped, and so the thing felt like the player just jumped in the middle ☺ The amount of this skip was dependent on the player, but was never more than a second. So I added (and still always do) one second black at the begining and also at the end to every videos I intend for DVD.
Maybe this leading/trailing blank can help you as well?

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Feb 9, 2017 at 12:49:18 pm

If I understand the OP correctly, try this in Sony BDP-S3500. Pop up menu > Options > Chapter Number > Press Up Arrow to get "1" > Enter. In Chapter menu Press Up Arrow repeatedly to get "3" if you want chapter 3. You should get the picture (without shadows).

Return to posts index

Charles Smiley
on Feb 9, 2017 at 4:46:42 pm

Jorma,

I will try that too. It may be a way to hide the problem - even though I will also try to solve it.

That drop down shadow is also there on every DVD I own when you first pop a DVD in the player or jump out of any menu into a place on a DVD. It is really annoying and I want to get rid of it.

Return to posts index

Charles Smiley
on Feb 9, 2017 at 4:42:50 pm

Good point. That is worth trying today.

Normally I do edit clips/chapters or spaces at markers with either a static graphic that straddles the area of concern or a fade to black and fade back (in areas of a second or so) to avoid the broken GOP problem. Also a fade down/up space of the audio to avoid clicks.

The video clips in this test-learning video were just a few MP4 clips of a minute or two each I pulled right out of a Sony camera with no editing or black fades yet. So that may be what I need to do next - edit the test video in Vegas first and then import it to DVD Architect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]