FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering de-pixels my video

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan Schramm
Rendering de-pixels my video
on Feb 7, 2017 at 9:44:02 am

Hi guys,

I often need to create videos where a face is pixelated. Looks great in the timeline, but after rendering the file, the image is nearly normal with just a tiny bit of pixelating.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,
Stefan

Vegas 12, Windows 7 Professional

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Rendering de-pixels my video
on Feb 7, 2017 at 5:39:11 pm

Hi Stefan,

I can't remember I used a pixelate effect any time, but used other effects. Some of the effects render dependant on preview (render) quality. Sharpen is one of these effects.
If you set preview to best/full, theoretically you should see exatcly what you will see when rendered, while with simply
"preview/full" not necessarily.
So this is just a shot in the dark, but maybe set preview to best/full, and adjust the effects properties so.
Other question, that you render to the same resolution as it is the project properties?

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Stefan Schramm
Re: Rendering de-pixels my video
on Feb 14, 2017 at 4:50:58 pm

Hi László,

I'll give that a try. When I rendered again the other day, I noticed quite a bit of difference between Vegas 9 and 12. We usually edit on 12, but sometimes we need to edit in 9, because 12 chokes on the files by a certain client.

I think I need to add extra large pixels because when the image is scaled to a smaller output frame size, some of the blurring effect disappears. It doesn't happen as much ith v12.

Thanks,
Stefan

Vegas 12, Windows 7 Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]