FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Import JVC HM850 Camera MOV files into SVP12?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean McDermott
How to Import JVC HM850 Camera MOV files into SVP12?
on Feb 7, 2017 at 12:19:37 am

Hello,

Anyone have any info on how I can import files created by JVC HM-850 camera in MOV format into Sony Vegas Pro 12? So far I have only been getting these files imported as audio files. I do have Quicktime 7.7.9 on the computer.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: How to Import JVC HM850 Camera MOV files into SVP12?
on Feb 7, 2017 at 7:59:35 am

Hard to say how you can do this. Post the "media info" (See the FAQs) on the file format.

That camera records in several different formats and file types.

http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/specs.jsp?model_id=MDL102268&feature_id=...

I would try the MP4 (XDCAM EX), or .MTS record modes, and not the .MOV settings.

Return to posts index

Dean McDermott
on Feb 26, 2017 at 10:02:30 pm

Yes thanks, I did this. But that gives me a new issue but at least it works. The camera stores each MP4 clip in its own folder. To import I have to navigate to each folder one by one and import a clip. Then I have to start again with import and go to next folder and import next clip. over and over until I import all clips.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Feb 8, 2017 at 4:32:17 pm

Dean, I used to use a JVC HM 750 and found out the hard way that you'll never be able to import those MOV files into Pro 12. Pro 14 might be able to do that but I retired before that version came out so I never got to try it.

I know that Premiere Pro will import the files with no problem so, if you have access to it, problem solved.

If you don't, what does work is a free utility from the folks at Convergent Design. It transcodes the MOV file to an MXF file that can be read in Pro 12. They keep changing the location of it so I kept a copy of it on my Dropbox account.
It's been a very long time since I used it but hopefully the instructions will be self explanatory.
Here's a direct link to the zipped file. Good luck.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20488019/Sony%20Vegas/FileConverter_1.6...

Return to posts index

Dean McDermott
on Feb 26, 2017 at 9:55:44 pm

Thank You,

MOV has become less important. I found a way to make it work, but that has its own issue. I changed camera settings to store mp4 files. This issue is that each mp4 file is placed into its own folder. Now in SVP I go to file, import, media, then I navigate to the folder with clip one. I import this clip and I end up back at SVP timeline. Now I repeat these steps to second folder and I import clip two. It's a pain in the neck to do this for 30 or 40 clips or more. I have to see if I can find a way in the camera to change settings to get it to store all the clips in one folder.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Feb 27, 2017 at 11:41:08 am

Hi Dean
I have the same problem with med Canon XF100 - in Premiere Pro no problem with the Media Browser import !
The Canon XF100 came with a program: Canon xf100 XFutility - that shows all clip and then I just highlights the clips I want and import or save in another map !

Maybe you can do the same with JVC ProHD Clip Manager ?

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Feb 27, 2017 at 2:47:29 pm

Hi,

I have a JVC HM600. Mostly record to mp4 as well (28Mbps/AVC).
I just let Vegas import the media via device explorer (ctrl-alt-7), and never had any problem.
Did you try this way?

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Dean McDermott
on Mar 1, 2017 at 7:33:07 am

I just tried ctr alt 7 but it tells me NO DEVICE CONNECTED. I do have the sd card from the camera in the sd slot on computer. Maybe I need to search around inside svp12 and find settings to put a path in for my SD card slot?

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Mar 1, 2017 at 10:27:20 am

Did you also try the program: JVC ProHD Clip Manager ?

Return to posts index

Dean McDermott
on Mar 1, 2017 at 11:11:09 pm

Yes I did try JVC ProHD Clip Manager.

And it looked good, It did show all the mp4 files. I looked around for a quick way to then export these files into SVP but I didn't see it. I admit I was in a hurry. I have to look at the manual and see how to move the clips from the clip manager to Vegas.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:56:00 pm

Hi,

I'm really sorry about I mislead you. My record setting is indeed AVCHD, but I was wrong about about mp4.
Those are mts files - shame on me. ☹
This is how the card looks like in the reader:

I also think it's worth to try Ole's suggestion.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Dean McDermott
on Mar 1, 2017 at 11:15:27 pm

No problem, before I try another format I'm hoping to get to a easy way to import the mp4 clips. But I'll keep it in mind.

Dean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]