FORUMS: list search recent posts

new to Vegas 13.453

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Lindsay
new to Vegas 13.453
on Jan 30, 2017 at 4:06:04 am

I've been cutting on V11 over the years -- 3-4 projects a year. Now using V13 and I hope someone can clarify a few things for me.

1 There is a pref choice for up to 9 past projects for the app to remember, but in the file dropdown there is no "Open Previous file" as there was in V11. is that possible that it's just gone or did they remove it?

2. How do i get the file names to appear on the clips?

3. It seems that Vegas is only using 200 mgs for Dynamic Ram Preview. What is that?

4. I have 16 gigs of RAM, how can i use it to make sure Vegas is working at it's best and fastest? it seems as crash prone as V11 at least.

5. Are the color adjustment tools showing split screens now? I tried to use Sony Color Correct and that's what it did on the clip, and then the split just stayed.

Thanks for the help,

Rob

Vegas 13.453
Dell Windows 10
Intel6700 quad CPU
16 Gigs RAM
3 Gig GPU

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: new to Vegas 13.453
on Jan 30, 2017 at 6:46:09 am

Not at PC, but from memory I'll have a go:

1 Open Previous: In Preferences. Not removed.

2. Toolbar > View

3. Preferences > Video tabIt seems that Vegas is only using 200 mgs for Dynamic Ram Preview. What is that?

4. This is a tougher discussion. It depends on your GPU and your CPU; what you want to make faster: Previewing?; Rendering? BTW 16gbs is pretty standard almost to low on rigs nowadays. Being crash prone is another conversation.

5. Yeah, try the Dropdown again and Select All. It's a bit odd. Maybe open and close Vegas a couple of times and reboot PC to get system and Vegas bedded-in

Hope that helps?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Jan 30, 2017 at 6:51:01 am

I believe, as you save veg files they will appear in the list at the bottom of the FILE menu next time you open Vegas, up to 9 veg files.

Turn on file names in View Menu/Active take info

Change dynamic ram with Preferences/Video tab .. try more or less Dynamic ram to take advantage of your 16 gigs of ram.
Google "Vegas Dynamic Ram setting" for info or something like that.

At top of Preview window, toggle split screen on and off with icon.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Jan 30, 2017 at 11:00:02 am

Hi

[Rob Lindsay] "3. It seems that Vegas is only using 200 mgs for Dynamic Ram Preview. What is that?"

If you selet a region of time on the timeline, and press shift-B (or in the main menu select Tools / Build Dynamic RAM preview), that portion of the timeline is selectively prerendered into RAM. Say, there are couple of composite tracks with numerous effects, which require huge computational performance for smooth playback. You can prerender such a section or region. Dynamic RAM preview is the amount of memory buffer to store such prerenders. You can increase this value, but if you don't use this feature, there will be no benefit, but the opposite, because you dedicate RAM to a purpose which you don't use, and loose that RAM otherwise available for other useful things.
I noticed that if this value is set to zero, that deeply impacts rendering performance. So this buffer is probably used during normal renders as well.
I would keep it at the default setting, unless there's a clear sign, that you need more buffer (for longer prerenders), increase the value to have more buffer, or decrease if you need more free RAM (but don't go down to zero).
You can experiment how much buffer you need for your renders to work normally.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Jan 30, 2017 at 4:54:06 pm

Ctrl/Shift I
is a short cut to putting the filenames on the timeline.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Rob Lindsay
on Jan 31, 2017 at 2:12:46 am

Thanks so much to all who took time to reply. I have added your suggestions and look forward to bugging you all again real soon!

Rob

Vegas 13.453
Dell Windows 10
Intel6700 quad CPU
16 Gigs RAM
3 Gig GPU

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]