FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro Thumbnail Crashes?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jones
Vegas Pro Thumbnail Crashes?
on Jan 27, 2017 at 9:28:36 pm

I've got a rather unusual problem. I use Vegas Pro 9.0e 64-bit on Windows 10 with 12 GB of RAM. It worked normally prior to the recent OS upgrades. Now, Vegas keeps crashing whenever a new image thumbnail is created or when I open an older project. Not all the time, but that does tend to get a little buggy. Anyway, when using the Snapshot tool, it saves the snapshot as an image file like normal. But then, it tries to switch over to the Project Media tab automatically, bringing up the following problem report.

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 9.0e (Build 1146) 64-bit
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
Fault Module: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.14393.447_none_42191651c6827bb3\COMCTL32.dll
Fault Address: 0x00007FFDA45FFCDC
Fault Offset: 0x00000000000AFCDC

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 9.0\vegas90.exe
Process Version: Version 9.0e (Build 1146) 64-bit
Process Description: Vegas Pro
Process Image Date: 2010-05-12 (Wed May 12) 19:59:16

Extra Information
File: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\9.0\dx_video_grovel_x64.log
File: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\9.0\dx_grovel_x64.log
File: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\9.0\vst_grovel.log

For a while, it also seems to happen when accessing the Project Media tab directly. One message forum mentioned to just switch the Project Media folder to list or details mode, but I really don't want to resort to that yet. Another suggested compatibility mode, but that did not work at all. Oh, and no GPU acceleration option in version 9, so that rules that out too. Does anyone out there know what else to try to get this problem solved? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Vegas Pro Thumbnail Crashes?
on Jan 28, 2017 at 4:20:50 am

Hi Jason, track down just where your Vegas Thumbnail are stored and temporarily rename that folder to something like ProjectThumnails OLD. I had a similar issue recently and once I did this AND the Thumnail library was rebuilt - if you hold the Folder open you can actually see the refreshed Thumbnails being created - I could again see all my Media Thumbnails. I also did this for Vegas Explorer too. I'm guessing that the Thumbnail database got corrupted and needed to be rebuilt.

Once all is fine you can delete that OLD folder. If some Thumnails were missed, due to another Project it'll just stake a bit more time rebuilding on opening.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Jason Jones
on Jan 29, 2017 at 8:04:32 pm

Well, I checked to see if there was a folder with the thumbnails in them ...and I couldn't find one. The only folders I see in the Temp folder were for Device Explorer Thumbnails and XDCAM Thumbnails. Both of them had gone unused since 2015. So much for that plan. 😞

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
on Jan 29, 2017 at 8:56:18 pm

The thumbnail folder is probably in your User AppData. Try a search for folder "Media Pool Thumbnails". At least that's where they are with Vegas Movie Studio. Might be different with Vegas Pro.

Return to posts index

Jason Jones
on Jan 29, 2017 at 11:50:37 pm

Not all that different. I went into User AppData and I do see the Media Pool folder ...but it's for VP 13. I couldn't find one for VP 9.0. Strangest thing. 😐

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
on Jan 30, 2017 at 1:23:47 am

That's interesting Jason as I still have Sony MS12 installed and I cannot find the thumbnails for that either!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]